• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9r owners with no problems

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
My 9R didn’t run as good as stock 850 last year so I looked into things and found I had blow by on both cylindars. I put a new top end in and had Indy specialty hone the cylindars I also added a high compression head it runs amazing now.
First time in a long time I didn’t snow check a new sled I didn’t want to take a chance on getting another bad one and trying to make it run properly again

M
Jan 8, 2022
Sanford MI
My 9R didn’t run as good as stock 850 last year so I looked into things and found I had blow by on both cylindars. I put a new top end in and had Indy specialty hone the cylindars I also added a high compression head it runs amazing now.
First time in a long time I didn’t snow check a new sled I didn’t want to take a chance on getting another bad one and trying to make it run properly again
I buy a new sled about every 1- 2 years ( right now I own 5 Polaris') it seems like the snow-ck sleds always had some Kind of glitch that the dealer/polaris couldn't correct (my buddies and I had to figure out) but the sleds I bought off the showroom floor go 1,ooos of miles trouble free- I'm glad you said it out loud I thought I was the only one!

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Riding buddy bought a hold over 2 tone orange 24 snowchecked 9R from local dealer back in January of this year that had every option available- He has put 500 mountain miles on it so far and zero issues.
Keep in mind, he is not even close to a wrench turner- I ask he if he has tightened up the track or switched belts to break a new one in and he said "NO" to all.
He is a gas and go person-and I am waiting for something to give up like stabbing the track on his uncapped rail tips- but to my surprise-he has not had any issues-and he would for sure turn to me for help.

He doesn't even know their are concerns from others riding the 9R
Guess he is one of the lucky ones.🤷‍♂️

B

Boosted Billy Goat

Oct 5, 2021
Thunder Bay, Ontario
24’ 155….500 miles all hard AF mountain riding this winter. Had one minor issue …with 7s going dark for a minute, resolved itself. That’s it. IBEXX clutch kit, mbrp can, lithium battery, thing runs amazing….by far the best sled I have ever owned, and I’ve owned a boost, lots of doos. Nothing is as light or snappy as the 9R. Instant lift to get up on top and go! Also will add, I’ve never had a sled where belt runs this cool. maybe I got lucky.

Gideup

Premium Member
Dec 6, 2011
Mnt Rainier, WA
Except for the Polaris recall crap, my ‘23 9R with 863 miles so far no issues. I have a Boost and a 850 Axys I take turns on also.
Use the 9R for trees, Boost for deep, and 850 with the wife rides. Only the 7s gauges gave me some trouble but updated myself and no more issues.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
Have 188 trouble free miles on my 24 9R lol. Was not a great season for me. Next year have a host of trips planned so mileage will be much much higher. The 3.25 track is awesome though. Might add some rail tips in the off season.

StuckDownHill

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2019
800 trouble free miles on a 23. I don’t think I’ve even had a bog. All stock except an SLP silencer and I did shim the secondary for better alignment.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Same story as most, 800 miles on my 23, no problems. Just a couple plugs and primary spring. Ran great.

24... clutch problem I posted about and otherwise great.

TGZ

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2011
Uniontown WA
Only real problem with my 23 with less than 400 miles is the trade in or resale value if a guy wanted to upgrade to a 25 for next year
That is gonna be painful... but we can't take it with us when we go

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I'm at about 500 miles on my 23 and no issues so far (knock on wood). Only small thing I've noticed is the upper steering post bushing has some slop already. Had one really deep day and never had any bogging issues at all, even when I couldn't see the sled under me.

Premium Features