• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2025 Snowcheck starts March 4th - who is interested?

ryang85

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2020
Oregon/Norcal
Understandable and apparently I was wrong about dealers being able to refuse service or warranty work if you didn’t purchase from them.
I don’t use my local dealer because they charge full retail plus setup and I would never take one of my snowmobiles to them for service. I drive about 6 hours to carls cycle it’s well worth it for me.
I live part time between California and Oregon, and for obvious reasons purchased the sled in Oregon since no sales tax compared to California at 9% or something crazy, and I spend more time riding up there during the winter typically. Its been hit or miss with them depending on who you talk to though.
Brought my 24 boost to the dealer in California since I was getting and EV actuator open circuit code and a bad bog, and basically got told to pound sand when they put my name in the system and I didn't show up as buying the sled there after driving 3 hours to get there, even with talking to them on the phone before hand and being told they could look at it and order the part in a few days. Once they found out I was from out of town it changed to maybe a few weeks to a month before they could look at it at best. The EV actuator is 450 dollar part and a 5 minute change I did while in the bed of my pickup, but I wanted to try and save a few bucks and Part of the reason I snow checked was to get the extended warranty. Which I am now finding out is kind of useless if your not close to a good dealer, which seem to be few and far between for many of us. They wouldn't even do a EV relearn for me which takes 5 minutes at most.

Polaris needs to up their warranty pay or negotiate something with their dealers. It seems like most dealer run away from warranty work instantly.

Last edited:
C
Dec 14, 2020
I live part time between California and Oregon, and for obvious reasons purchased the sled in Oregon since no sales tax compared to California at 9% or something crazy, and I spend more time riding up there during the winter typically. Its been hit or miss with them depending on who you talk to though.
Brought my 24 boost to the dealer in California since I was getting and EV actuator open circuit code and a bad bog, and basically got told to pound sand when they put my name in the system and I didn't show up as buying the sled there after driving 3 hours to get there, even with talking to them on the phone before hand and being told they could look at it and order the part in a few days. Once they found out I was from out of town it changed to maybe a few weeks to a month before they could look at it at best. The EV actuator is 450 dollar part and a 5 minute change I did while in the bed of my pickup, but I wanted to try and save a few bucks and Part of the reason I snow checked was to get the extended warranty. Which I am now finding out is kind of useless if your not close to a good dealer, which seem to be few and far between for many of us. They wouldn't even do a EV relearn for me which takes 5 minutes at most.

Polaris needs to up their warranty pay or negotiate something with their dealers. It seems like most dealer run away from warranty work instantly.

Call Polaris and file a complaint against the dealer. **** dealers doing stuff like that can be dealt with on the corporate end. If they don't want to follow the contracts they've signed, they can be dropped.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Understandable and apparently I was wrong about dealers being able to refuse service or warranty work if you didn’t purchase from them.
I don’t use my local dealer because they charge full retail plus setup and I would never take one of my snowmobiles to them for service. I drive about 6 hours to carls cycle it’s well worth it for me.

12 hours round trip drive time, as long as the roads are good. Plus waiting for the work to be done. Time off work, extra miles on the truck - I'm not seeing how the math pencils out.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Not doing it to save money. Doing it to make sure things are done correctly. Local dealers just aren’t up to speed. Carls does more on their setup then other dealers they don’t advertise it they just do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Not doing it to save money. Doing it to make sure things are done correctly. Local dealers just aren’t up to speed. Carls does more on their setup then other dealers they don’t advertise it they just do it.

Yup - my dealer actually takes the time to setup the sleds he sells for our riding conditions and he has a service department that knows how to work on sleds, not just the first person off the street who could pass a breath test. I drive past three other dealers to get to his shop. I wouldn't even consider going anywhere else. Mine's a shorter trip - don't know if I would go as far as you do but I get your point.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Polaris snow has a teaser video on Instagram featuring Kersteke insinuating he is blown away by the 25 sleds. Chadley says no 900 boost. I have one source that says 900 boost so not sure. Not snowchecking either way. They have to hype it any way but Kersteke acting blown away by only refinements would definitely make him lose some street cred.
I mean no way he could be blown away by brakes that don’t suck, primary clutches that stay attached, hyfaxes that don’t shoot out and hit you in the back or fuel pumps that don’t whine then quit.
Polaris actually having a reliable sled would blow me away more than a 900 boost but I’m old.

T
Oct 16, 2017
Polaris snow has a teaser video on Instagram featuring Kersteke insinuating he is blown away by the 25 sleds. Chadley says no 900 boost. I have one source that says 900 boost so not sure. Not snowchecking either way. They have to hype it any way but Kersteke acting blown away by only refinements would definitely make him lose some street cred.
I mean no way he could be blown away by brakes that don’t suck, primary clutches that stay attached, hyfaxes that don’t shoot out and hit you in the back or fuel pumps that don’t whine then quit.
Polaris actually having a reliable sled would blow me away more than a 900 boost but I’m old.
He’s a sponsored rider - doing what he’s asked to.

T
Oct 16, 2017
Yeah for sure. Caleb’s a really good guy and these guys need the manufactures support to succeed so they have to do these things even though sometimes I’m sure they’d rather not.

I mean his response would be appropriate if they started offering 4 year warranties on everything again. Was fairly set on scoring something next year then I saw the fuel pump bs is back. Tired of their crap

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Yeah but 900 boost would be a winner imagine merging one fairly unreliable sled (9R) with another more unreliable sled (Boost) in Polaris world this would equal one really reliable sled.
Then the forum will be so fun next year when guys realize they dropped 30k on a sled that performs worse and has more run ability issues than the previous boost.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Yeah but 900 boost would be a winner imagine merging one fairly unreliable sled (9R) with another more unreliable sled (Boost) in Polaris world this would equal one really reliable sled.
Then the forum will be so fun next year when guys realize they dropped 30k on a sled that performs worse and has more run ability issues than the previous boost.

The new content it would bring would be epic. There’s still more content with the current sleds that hasn’t shown up here just yet for some reason? Might be time to poke the bear and spill the beans.

Premium Features