• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Pro Rmk Silber Reflash Final Adjustments

W

WACT

Mar 10, 2013
I got a little of the same issue. It will cut out or as many describe it as 'shutters'. Only does it when I load it up real heavy, more often when go to climb. Also happens when loaded up and then suddenly off and then back on to cut side hill. Never showed it head first 100+ miles, but now that we have deep snow it has happened last two rides. Always works its self out, but seems it can come back any time. Makes me nervous when I go out and ride. Been thrown over the handle bars couple times during cut out.
Also, couple times after running, it won't start back up after 1-3 pulls. Have to let it sit and then pull and pull 30-40x, and finally it will start usually holding throttle fully open. After starts back up problem has gone away for the day. Also, happened last two rides. Love the power, set up feels good, Boston racing always there to help, would love to figure out what causes this. In the mean time going to ride it and not worry. 2014 Pro with new v-force 3 reeds, waste gate, riding start at 10,000-12,500. Running 91 non ethanol with 1 gallon of 110 for every 5 gallon 91. Have run fueling in both modes and don't see any difference. Thanks.

W

WACT

Mar 10, 2013
Update to earlier post. Todays ride the sled had zero issues. Ripped all day long. Only difference between last few days is snow has set up 16-24" instead of the 36-40" of past days. Even then (past days) only cut out twice in 80 miles of deep , hard riding.
Honestly, very happy with the Silber Kit. Best money I've spent even with a few hiccups.

D

doobie

Oct 13, 2008
Cochrane ab
I agree with flatlander 44 getting mine really close going to try a little steeper helix ethinol mode works better on my sled easy to recreate on the trail stay on the throttle for quite a while and get out of it and back on again it will do it went to steeper helix angle it helps lighted weights up a little and it is almost gone all together I think a steeper helix and back up on the weight my be my answer it's good right now just tweeking it a little

what helix you end up going with?

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
If you clutch your sled so its essentially geared lower it should help as it will create less load. But its tuning guys. Not clutching. It stutters and most times ends up right back at the rpm you were. Not down lower and strugling to build rpm. I feel the ae vs tps rate table needs adjusting. Or possibly the main map, egt or iat enrichment tables are causing it to run a liitle too rich. Air density has an effect on tuning aswell. Thats the only possiblity i can see if silbers maps are actually working the way we expect where they are tuning.

Maybe some of you have worn parts making it worse. I had to replace all the following at 900 miles and these will give you problems: motor mounts, reeds, clutch weight bushing, spark plug boots and plugs. Primary springs break often and bov requires clean and very thin film of a light grease every now and again.

I just wish silber would spend a little time on the ph with someone north of them and make some changes on some maps to try and get this figured out. I bought this kit because nothing can be tuned better then a full control standalone system. It just needs some more tweeking.

Last edited:
B

bigdave

Oct 18, 2009
Vancouver Wa
Mine is doing this as well so please post up a good set start point for 2500-6000 feet... Haven't adjusted boost... First turbo so how is that done just turn in or out Allen on side of waste gate ?...newest kit and tune from Justin and I am currently running 77g weight... Also running race110/ 92 at 50/50... Any help will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Boosted Brad

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
I went to the slower shifting angle on the one from the kit and lighted up on the weight I have one coming I hope that it will work and I can add weight to get it just right it's getting better very little left riding with another guy who has a internal waste gate kit and we are getting his close as well when I feel that it is perfect I will let you know kind of spendy to buy to many helix

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Mine is doing this as well so please post up a good set start point for 2500-6000 feet... Haven't adjusted boost... First turbo so how is that done just turn in or out Allen on side of waste gate ?...newest kit and tune from Justin and I am currently running 77g weight... Also running race110/ 92 at 50/50... Any help will be greatly appreciated

What chassis?

You have to change/add springs to adjust boost or purchase a inline manual boost controller.

Boosted Brad

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Dave you should have gotten a spanner wrench in your kit you take the black top off and add or subtract a spring and you might want to hold it down or it will pop off when you get it loose

B

bigdave

Oct 18, 2009
Vancouver Wa
Thanks guys... Have an external and did get spanner �� Was wandering what it was for...anyway Justin said to add about a gram at a time of weight and should go away ... We we will see riding Adams this weekend and it's deep up there so I will give it a good test... Going to run a data logger so I can get a better idea of peak rpm and such because the poo Guage is so all over the place .... Will post up what I find... He did also say to run only enough race to keep from DET and that will help a lot... He said his map goat6 was tuned for pump gas 92 at elevation so as little race gas as possible for each application to keep from DET and run on ETH setting for timing...we will see... Thanks for the info...and I do have adjustable boost controller but spring change is more precise according to waiste gate manufacturer and fine tune with boost controller... When will we see a true plug and play turbo kit... 2013 pro 800 with some rk tek goodies and light weight crank��.. Will say this " it freaking rips "

Last edited:

HMI

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2015
Colorado
A++ Silbers 2015 on 2015 pro

Just wanted to give Silber a thumbs up!
I can tell you guys I was not sure how this kit would do with no adjustability (fuel controller) now that I have rode it 3 times. Nice work guys, this thing is spot on with no lag. I rode Felkers setups for years and we know spot on. From clutch to turbo Wow! We ride 10-12k, I'm running the Silber recommended setup, 7psi external waste gate, 100ll AV gas 100% for now, this thing rips. My Buddy has 2 turbo pros- one is a 14 BD and a 2011 with the oil tank Silber kit, this gives us a great base line to use vs Silbers. Buddy rode it and couldn't believe it, was really impressed with the kit.

For the record I don't know the Silber guys at all, just bought a kit so this is a straight up review.

Great job, hope your axys kit works this well!
Dave

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
So if Silber is doing there map with only 92 octane fuel. Thats everyones problem with the stutter, tells me hes not turning up the boost very high. Every kit that works is like 7psi at 10000+ feet. For the guys running 10psi at 5000-6000 feet thats the same power as13psi at 11000. Or 10psi at 11000 feet is same as 7psi at 5500 feet. Clearly the tuning isnt done at high enough boost. Who would even want a turbo thats only gonna do 7psi at 5500feet. A big bore would be lighter and cheaper. Im so pissed at this issue were stuck with.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I find it interesting that you can have fuel ratios all over the place and one runs good and the other doesn't. Mine ran great for three rides now has same issue as above load track flip throttle back on it and will stutter not every time though. I'm thinking about going to 100 AV and going to 10 lbs that will take away any fuel quality issues.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
My last ride was 100 percent av gas and 10psi at 5000feet. With same intermittent stutter. I drained the tank to be sure it was a close to 100 perdent av as possible. I have some other things to try. If anything helps ill report back.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
last ride i ran 9lbs with 20% 110 80% 91 clear
at 6000'-8000' elv. ran great no DET
the snow was not as deep as last week 15'' of blower powder on top of 2' of heavier powder

11 pro with 14 kit 240-250 lb rider

W

WACT

Mar 10, 2013
7 lbs, Pink primary spring, 68 grams., Ride 10K+
Clutching and set run good.
Gut says issue not clutching.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Wact what kind of Rpms with that weight seems light with pink I'm running 74 and running solid 8000.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
don't get me wrong folks i'm not saying it's not a fuel issue
but there are a few other key pieces to the puzzle

I thinking if we talk about different setups maybe we could root out the cause and get everyone ripping it up
please keep updating info people

B

bigdave

Oct 18, 2009
Vancouver Wa
2013 pro 2015 kit running spot on 50/50 vp 110 race and 92 clear at 4000 feet..to not get DET. Tried 30%race 70 clear and got DET at 3500 feet just out of snow park...running now 78g in primary pink spring .... Got 8200 WOT loaded but still sputtering and popping when hard chopping throttle...id say about 30% of the climbs I did this weekend testing....supper frustrating to have 5 kick *** climbs and 2 or three sputter pops..���� I'm going to try AV next weekend with a little race to see but from what I'm reading even the AV gas isn't helping sputter pop... Lol

Last edited:
Premium Features