• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Pro Rmk Silber Reflash Final Adjustments

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
I watched that video and something is wrong on that guys setup
Or something. The horrible stuttering when he makes the turn
Is bad.
Mine doesn't do anything like that
And that sleds under no real load ripping a field
It doesn't seem like the same situation others are explaining

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Based on the time date of vid im guessing that was before silber came out with the update - goat6 tune file. Which is what i have. Which i believe is the latest tune file. Corey can you answer this?

F

Flatlander44

Oct 8, 2013
Clutching?

Guys, I believe that this has nothing to do with the turbo kit. I think it's a clutching issue. See what u think. At WOT and 8100 rpm and a heavy track load, your clutch weights are doing all the work, pushing your clutches from low gear to high gear. If you let off the throttle and your clutches don't back shift quick enough, you will be basically stuck in high gear for a second. Thus a bog when back on the throttle until the clutching gets back to low gear or "catches up". NA Skidoos are famous for this. The track stand thing is clutching too. With no load on the track, the clutches can fully shift too fast. Your engine rpm will always be lower on a track stand because you are trying to get your clutches to shift farther then physically possible. So, maybe the solution here is a higher finish rate of the secondary spring or a steeper finish angle of the helix. Then adjust the primary weights till you get your target rpm back. Or if you want full rpm when jumping, load the track by using the brake a little bit.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
this is my final clutching package I ran in my 2011 silber, at 13-14 psi boost just to look at it ran really well with zero issues on race fuel

155/300 speedwerks H5 primary
78.5 gr roosters , all in the tip
40 50 .4 team helix
165/310 secondary with 2 delrins

@ 7500 ft 8250 pretty good on the bottom as well

E

Esh

Feb 5, 2014
Guys, I believe that this has nothing to do with the turbo kit. I think it's a clutching issue. See what u think. At WOT and 8100 rpm and a heavy track load, your clutch weights are doing all the work, pushing your clutches from low gear to high gear. If you let off the throttle and your clutches don't back shift quick enough, you will be basically stuck in high gear for a second. Thus a bog when back on the throttle until the clutching gets back to low gear or "catches up". NA Skidoos are famous for this. The track stand thing is clutching too. With no load on the track, the clutches can fully shift too fast. Your engine rpm will always be lower on a track stand because you are trying to get your clutches to shift farther then physically possible. So, maybe the solution here is a higher finish rate of the secondary spring or a steeper finish angle of the helix. Then adjust the primary weights till you get your target rpm back. Or if you want full rpm when jumping, load the track by using the brake a little bit.

I dont know. It is not a stuck in the clutch type of bog. It runs great at 5lbs, pretty good at 7, and unrideable at 10. The comments I read in past threads state the more boost, the more stutter. Yes, I am reclutching each time.

2XM3,
What RPM did that setup engage at?

Last edited:

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
ESH.....oh your straining my brain on that :face-icon-small-dis Been a few years i'm thinking it was around 4200-4500 ?? I remember it was less that the silber spring but not that much less, hope that helps ?

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Based on the time date of vid im guessing that was before silber came out with the update - goat6 tune file. Which is what i have. Which i believe is the latest tune file. Corey can you answer this?

That was my sled. The vid that you saw was the original map. Then I got the updated map (goat 6), in this video shows how it ran:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZwwGxfmoSQ

While it ran better with this tune, I was never able to get rid of the sputter. My buddy with a KPA 2860 has the same issues and he is finally taking his kit off cause he's tired of fighting it. Corey really tried to help me out with troubleshooting it which I appreciated, but my riding time is more valuable than a turbo sled so I removed the kit and my sled ran perfect stock.

FYI it wasn't over-revving or idling set high. That was from the turbo tuning.
Good luck guys, I really hope one day they can get the tuning of these turbos on a two stroke to be as consistent as a stock sled cause the power is amazing!

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
This video is exactly how all silbers kits run in my experiences in BC. Unfortanetly i dont think silber is interested in making an update. He told me he doesnt do cutom tunes and to get a piggyback controller if i need it. So now the qustion is has anybody added a piggyback controller and been able to fix it or are we forced to spend the big bucks on a vipec?

E

Esh

Feb 5, 2014
This video is exactly how all silbers kits run in my experiences in BC. Unfortanetly i dont think silber is interested in making an update. He told me he doesnt do cutom tunes and to get a piggyback controller if i need it. So now the qustion is has anybody added a piggyback controller and been able to fix it or are we forced to spend the big bucks on a vipec?

That's a bit dissapointing.

F

Flatlander44

Oct 8, 2013
Let's get back to the "this thing flat out rips!!" Talk. I just bought a silber kit and I'm installing it tomorrow. F yes. Sounds like it's near perfect at 5-7 psi. Why not run it there? I have zero interest in pulling shoots or high marking. Usually I'm going more sideways then up.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I may have a fix for u. I'll report back in a few weeks. No electronics involved. I need to find a sled that does this sputter stutter and then test. No, I'm not selling anything or starting a business. If it works, I'll tell u what was done and you can do it too. Simple. Cross fingers.

E

Esh

Feb 5, 2014
Let's get back to the "this thing flat out rips!!" Talk. I just bought a silber kit and I'm installing it tomorrow. F yes. Sounds like it's near perfect at 5-7 psi. Why not run it there? I have zero interest in pulling shoots or high marking. Usually I'm going more sideways then up.

Ok, then run it at that setting. I like how it runs at 7 but I want some more power; however, I have hit a wall.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
8642644ca5a6e81a32a974e884e2d313.jpg

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Die hard

What elv. Is that vid ?
I see you live in Alaska
Thanks

Yes I live in Alaska, that was around 2000ft elevation. We do have weird baro pressure here that always causes tuning issues with mod sleds. But it is interesting to hear other people having these issues throughout the northwest.

B
Nov 12, 2013
I'm heading out to Valemount BC on Jan 6. I pulled some more clutch weights and am gonna try running at 5-7 psi at 74.5 gs. Will report back on how the sled ran.

Boosted Brad

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
I agree with flatlander 44 getting mine really close going to try a little steeper helix ethinol mode works better on my sled easy to recreate on the trail stay on the throttle for quite a while and get out of it and back on again it will do it went to steeper helix angle it helps lighted weights up a little and it is almost gone all together I think a steeper helix and back up on the weight my be my answer it's good right now just tweeking it a little

Premium Features