• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013/14 Togwotee Snow Conditions

pksignator

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2008
Jackson, WY
Just being straight with our riders.

I dont care for folks of the lodge who sugar coat riding conditions just to keep the MONEY $$$ flowing to their resorts.

Many of our fellow riders travel 1000's of miles and spend their time off of work and hard earned money for great riding.

As I stated conditions are (Marginal), with pockets of OK areas.

It is early in the season and conditions will change (sometimes rapidly)
I look forward to seeing you soon.

Peace to all
Luv ya Lefty

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I have ridden out there many, many times since 07 and have never once been mislead by the guides at TML. I have spoken with guys in the parking lot or guys the lodge who have straight up said it sucked. Well my day with a guide was awesome and here are the pics to prove it. If it is tracked up and hasn't snowed much as of recent often you just need to change your style of riding or areas you ride. If you expect to ride over the hood on Moccasin, Squaw, or 5 miles from the lodge, a week after there last snowfall you might be disappointed.

Cheers
Shawn

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
I was just at Tog. And the riding is as follows...Over All the entire Tog area needs more snow to fill in for optimum riding....The best riding currently is at the highest elevation Bricca was good and on top of the summit was good. The lower elevations need more snow to be optimum.

DPG

R
Oct 21, 2008
Mountain View, WY
This might give you an idea

Here's a vid from Dec. 14th...

My dad was up Christmas Eve and said it was better.

Still need more snow for sure!! Attached is the forecast near Breccia. Good luck guys and enjoy the snow!

Attachments

• Tog Forecast.pdf
    279.7 KB · Views: 94

Diggersdandies

Premium Member
Oct 12, 2008
We just got back to Iowa from TML and had a great time. Lefty had us in all kids of good snow. Thigh/waist deep up top in the trees off trail. It was a struggle to get back on your sled after digging someone out. 10 sleds and took out only one a-arm on the third/last day at 2:00 in the afternoon. Tog is definitely good to go!! Thanks Lefty and sorry for all the stucks:face-icon-small-coo

M

mnrmkrb

Oct 7, 2008
We just got back to Iowa from TML and had a great time. Lefty had us in all kids of good snow. Thigh/waist deep up top in the trees off trail. It was a struggle to get back on your sled after digging someone out. 10 sleds and took out only one a-arm on the third/last day at 2:00 in the afternoon. Tog is definitely good to go!! Thanks Lefty and sorry for all the stucks:face-icon-small-coo

Diggersdandies, maybe you should come ride with me again I might be able to teach you a thing or two. I am sure Lefty needs a break after riding with you for 3 days:gossip: Im glad you had a good time Digger....

Diggersdandies

Premium Member
Oct 12, 2008
Aren't you funny MNRMKRB!! I was stuck more than I would have liked of course, but we had a few young "rookies" with us that were truly humbled. I thought I might see you out there. One of these days we should meet up...would be fun.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Not "marginal" but they definitely need snow. Theres a decent amount of snow up high, the lower elevations suck, and there are tracks almost everywhere. We still had fun but there is a need for fresh.

J

jwebb06

Dec 17, 2012
Schleswig, IA
Just got back to Iowa yesterday after riding out at Tog from the 2nd-6th. That's my first trip but to Tog but been to Albany, the Big Horns, and Black Hills and the snow was better than marginal. Yes areas are alil tracked up, but we found multiple untracked meadows and climbs that were waist deep easily, some areas chest deep when we were stuck. We found all these areas without a guide so they are findable. We didn't have any problems hitting hidden rocks or logs. Only breakdown we really had was the last day a oil cap somehow came loose and when rolling it over to get unstuck leaked ALL over the motor, pipe, belt, you name it, so we had to tow it in. The riding was awesome! Other than one of our trucks getting backed into by the pay loader driver and the power outage the nite we left it was an awesome trip! Not to mention the staff at the rental shop, and food, staff at the Red Fox Saloon, and all the other staff we had a chance to meet! We will be back! Also make sure to check out our bar tab from one nite at the Red Fox Saloon... its taped up on the mirror by the register! LOL

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just for CLARIFICATION.

Some people have asked me if PKSIGNATOR has any affiliation with TOGWOTEE MOUNTAIN LODGE.

So far as I know he has NONE whatsoever.

He is just a rider expressing his own personal comments and NOT affiliated now or in the past with the lodge.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
So a guy in MN is a wish he was a wanna be? And as Lefty mentioned he tried this once before. PK isn't even in the state is he...:blah:

Lefty keeps it REAL!

pksignator

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2008
Jackson, WY
Originally from MN (I guess thats where my honesty values where instilled)

Have lived in Jackson since 2008
Ride every week in the Togwotee, Brooks, Summit areas

No affiliation with the lodges
Have a shop to help other riders when in need

Just frustrated when the lodge says theres great snow in DECEMBER just to turn profit $$$.

Snow is good now
Lots of love to ya-all
Enjoy the riding season

Premium Features