• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 m8 throttle safety switch

S
Aug 28, 2017
oregon
Anyone know/have the part number for the throttle safety switch located on the handlebar? Maybe I'm blind but I don't see it on the parts breakdown anywhere. The thumb warmer is there but no tss.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Its 0609-880 its part of the kill switch. They can be dissembled and cleaned but most just bypass the switch and add a tether. I have added the magnetic tether to the M series and its easy with the right parts.

Last edited:
S
Aug 28, 2017
oregon
Its 0609-880 its part of the kill switch. They can be dissembled and cleaned but most just bypass the switch and add a tether. I have added the magnetic tether to the M series and its easy with the right parts.
Oh ok that explains it. Never considered it not being a separate part. Thanks for the info

S
Aug 28, 2017
oregon
For ppl in the future looking for this same part......I did order part number 0609-880 and it is the front half only. The tss switch in in the back half and to me does not appear to be available anywhere new. No part number in the parts breakdown for the whole assembly or just the switch itself. I will happily be proved wrong as i'd rather have it.

Premium Features