• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 RMK/FUSION 900 IQ BILLET chaincase option!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
06+up cover

Anyone looking for a billet cover for the 06 and up, I would reccomend this one over avids. I bought one from avid(musta jacked there prices, was only 89 couple months ago). It doesn't have the "hump" for the jackshaft and it won't clear. Luckily I'm a machinist so I clearanced the cover and got it to work.

600cc...

thanks for letting everyone know about the AVID one..really surprised me..they make some excellent stuff..

anyways..if anyone needs an 06+up cover...let me know i can get them as well..he said he has 15 (06+up) billet covers in stock right now..

i think they are $119 or less..

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
we got you man..

Dang, I need one of these bad but funds are a little tight right now.

Eric..

if you really want one and can get the money in a few weeks..i am sure we can work it out man...

figure it may take another 2 weeks to get the right amount of people to go in..then maybe another week or 2 to get them made...

so if your in and have the money in a month then we can stick your name in..let me know bud..no worries..:beer;

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Update!!!!!

guys.

Talked today to Crhis from AMCPrecision...

this is what he said...
It will probably take around 8 weeks to reverse engineer and to get through a couple of iterations of design before we have one that we will stand behind and ship. If you can get an order for 10 I’ll get started on these.

WE HAVE 8 PEOPLE RIGHT NOW..2 MAYBES..

So if you are game and havent a;ready told me let me know so i can get the ball rolling..if you cannot wait 8 weeks and are already in and do not want to let me know as well..

Thanks again for the help and getting us some nice billet covers for the 05..:beer;

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
props to sean for getting something like this going for the 05's:D:beer;
see ya tomarrow for a :beer; and some riding bud!:cool:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Update!!

I will take one, but I do have a question. How is he going to incorporate the dipstick into the cover?

thanks Dave..i will get you on the list...about the dipstick...

i sent chris some pictures of the cover...

he said he can incorporate the dipstick..but would take some more time in machining of coarse..but could also raise the PRICE of the cover as well...for more materials...

he suggested that we use a THREADED PLUG on the cover to fill with fluid....similar to the 06+ sleds...and he can install a sight glass to check levels since we would no longer have a dipstick...

BUT i need inputs on this and what you would all want to go with.

--plug with sight glass
--dipstick but PAY more for the cover

let me know guys...i will go with whatever you all want..majority wins..

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
I know it doesn't concern me because I am not purchasing one of these but I would love to have a dipstick over the POS sight glass. With the sight glass if the fluid rises above the entire glass and you dont notice it you keep filling it and filling it and it really gets annoying when you have take off the cover and let it all drain again and then refill it. With the dipstick it is alot easier to fill you fluid without help from someone. I personally would pay extra to get a dipstick on my 06, but thats just me.

Keep up the good work Sean.

just my .02

-Nolan

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Sean...bring back the goofy pic in your avitar!:eek::eek:

Put me in for one. I'll go ahead and buy it for my buddy since he loads my sled. I would think trying to incorporate the dipstick would be a considerable price increase. I could care less. Guys with the 05's would probably want to keep the stick.

E
Nov 26, 2007
Covington, WA
Eric..

if you really want one and can get the money in a few weeks..i am sure we can work it out man...

figure it may take another 2 weeks to get the right amount of people to go in..then maybe another week or 2 to get them made...

so if your in and have the money in a month then we can stick your name in..let me know bud..no worries..:beer;

I'm in!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
cover

I know it doesn't concern me because I am not purchasing one of these but I would love to have a dipstick over the POS sight glass. With the sight glass if the fluid rises above the entire glass and you dont notice it you keep filling it and filling it and it really gets annoying when you have take off the cover and let it all drain again and then refill it. With the dipstick it is alot easier to fill you fluid without help from someone. I personally would pay extra to get a dipstick on my 06, but thats just me.

Keep up the good work Sean.

just my .02

-Nolan

Nolan..you dont have to take off your cover to drain oil..there is a drain plug on the bottom of your chaincase...just like draining oil from a car...get dwn there and look up ;)

Sean...bring back the goofy pic in your avitar!:eek::eek:

Put me in for one. I'll go ahead and buy it for my buddy since he loads my sled. I would think trying to incorporate the dipstick would be a considerable price increase. I could care less. Guys with the 05's would probably want to keep the stick.

Dave..i will stick your name down..this should put us at 12 people that are in for sure..your the man for hooking your buddy up..:beer;

your on the list now eric..would be about 2 month wait

i will get ahold him again and brainstorm this and see what will make it easier for him and for all of us..

I was going to send him MY chaincase cover as a MOLD for the billet one..and will stop my riding season for good as soon as i do it..so if anyone has an old cover (in decent shape) to send me..for free or small $$) let me know..

i will do what i need to get them made..so if i have to send in mine i will..

thanks again to everyone..i will update you all when i get the details about this dipstick issue.:D:beer;

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Sean,

lol yea I know theirs a drain plug down there. After the first oil change the threads got stripped. I put a heli-coil in it and I dont want to mess with it again so I just leave it alone and tip the sled on the side to drain everything out. PITA now, but o well.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Krat..i understand your concern..

i am waiting to hear back about teh price of getting the dipstick vs the plug...i will let you all know as soon as i hear anything..

we have 12 for sures..and 3 maybes..should be good to go for the process...

any extra stock chaincase covers laying around, anyone?????????

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Update!!

guys..

got another email from Chris about the 05 billet cover..

i am in the process of getting an extra cover (2005) for a "mock-up" and send it to him for a set price W/dipstick, and if its too much then we can get an idea on the "plug/sight glass..

once i get a cover mailed off to hm, i will let everyone know and as soon as i get a set price..we will move on from there, or see what it will take..

please read the quote below...

I’m roughing thinking that a cover that size may run 2x as much as the 06 cover due to the increased thickness and machining associated with it. The material alone could run me $60-$80 each due to the longer length and thickness.

Shipping would be included to the domestic US and $12 for Canada.

The sight glass and gasket are $30 extra.

If you get a hold of a used 05 cover that would be great since I would really like to get a better feel of what I am up against before accepting any orders.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Sean, one issue with a used cover is trying to find one that Isn't warped. I don't know how much of an issue that is or isn't.

Krat, good point about seeing a missing chain link on your dipstick. Although, isn't that a doo problem with the 13W's? lol

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Got a good stock chaincase cover..thanks to T HILLRIDER for his donation...it will be sent directly to Chris..i will post back when he gets it and sees what were dealing with here...

thanks agian T HILLRIDER...your the man!!

Premium Features