• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 snow hawk

P
Aug 2, 2009
Redford,MI
I have never rode a snow hawk are they hard to ride if your about 5 foot5? Do snow hawks have a Speedometers that tells you how many miles are on it or is it like a dirt bike? sorry for all the question I just what to make shore I will like it.

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Only way to tell general wear and tear is engine compartment, metal colors on forks, engine, electrical conectors. Body work can be scuffed easily, and one fall on asphalt can seem like years of abuse. If a 503 look for paint flaking on rear shock springs ignored machines are still shiny.

Hope you find a good example, put an hour meter on it so you can keep track of maint.:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Would you let someone tell you not to ride a bike if you could'nt touch, this is a balance machine plan your stops.:face-icon-small-coo

I still wish they were taller I'm 6'5".

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
2003' was my first year, seems less and less these days because it's just as exciting to get someone new into it, the best is seeing them step back from one of the current top selling Twoskis. Sleds are great, but they just arnt our motorcycles, the future of one skis is bright with all the bike conversions and the new interest.

P

predatorr03

Jul 24, 2009
Val-Des-Monts,Qc,Canada
a bit too much

depending on what upgrades have been done,ex:snowtrackers,ski set back,piton rings,clutch,gismos like handwarmer,handguards,tach and speedo.

i bought an 04 600 for 4800.00$ canadian in almost mint condition and my buddy got the same for 6000.00$ can. in showroom condition.

so i would say it's a bit expensive at 6500.00$ u.s. if it's bone stock and has some wear.

it is something completely different to ride,but after a few hours of practice you will get used to it and enjoy it more,but you need a lot of snow for best resuts. those things are stupid fast,what a rush. Try this site,it willgive you an idea on how much they are going for here in Canada. http://www.lespac.com/

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
There are still a few new machines that can be had for that price range.

Also, as others have said what upgrades does it have? If it doesn't have them, you will need a trail adapter, snow tracker kit, and the newer style snow flap. Does it come with moving dollies and/or a cover?

It could be worth that if it's new, or even used, if it's well upgraded. It probably will not have, but you will want suspension relocation brackets and a frame strenghtener kit.

Regarding rider height, I'm 5'8", my 16yo is 5'7" and my 13yo is 5'5" and we all have no problem. Sure, you get yourself into a difficult situation sometimes, but oh well, that's part of the game!

Act quick so you have time to enjoy this season. You can't imagine what you're missing!!

i think this machine was desgined for guys between 5' 2" and 5' 8"
at 5' even im sure you would be fine! i wish i was smaller.

there is onley 2 must do upgrades in my opinion, snow trackers so you can blast the trails and suspinsion relocation brackets. make it so you get full travel of your skid with no binding. after that, there is alot more things you could do for better performance but are not necessary.

i will never ride a sled!

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
not the best pics

From what i can tell this still needs the snowtracker kit 205.00
depends on your riding style ski setback factory 400.00 adjustable unit350.00

piston ring update parts only around 175.00
rear suspension brackets 150.00
vapor gauge so can tune 103.00
ice scratchers 35.00
updated belt 65.00
I'm sure there is more just depends on the rider but these are important to most.

good luck

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
if he is giving you both machines for 6500.00 killer deal! if its only 1 id say offer him 5-5500 and see what he says...hey you never know!my friend pat just got an 04 with all updates,cover,warm up stand, and extra studs and belts for 4600.00 it did have some time on it though....wait a minute,is that mirror on the wall?:face-icon-small-sho

Premium Features