• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Boots?? Klim Warranty isn't what it used to be

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
My 2 year old Klim(purchased as non current) boot have developed a leak. no rips or tears and agreed, out of warranty period. left sock is wet enough to almost wring out water. Still in the past, Klim has been great to warranty items, these ones they said sorry, out of warranty period. So looking for new boots. Have only purchased Klim the last 11 years, but going to try a different company now. How are motorFist? Any others?

attachment.php

klim.jpg

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
So your bashing their warranty because your 2 year old boots are not covered under their 1 year boot warranty???

Out of curiosity in the past 11 years of riding KLIM how many boots have you gone through?

Lots of guys liking the Motorfist & FXR boots but they only have a 1 year boot warranty too. I don't know of any snowmobile gear company that has a longer then 1 year boot warranty for you.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Just curious, what exactly did they tell you???

They offer any kind of discount to purchase another Klim boot?

B

Bedhead

Jan 3, 2015
Central MN
I am on my 3rd season with Fxr backshift boots. Still together and always warm and dry. But they are overall large compared to your Klim boots. Some dont like that, but it hasn't bothered me yet.

I dont think he was dissing their warranty, just making a statement. At least that's how I took it.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
This is my 3rd pair. First pair 5.5 years. Second pair 3.5 years. Both of those tread is worn out but boot still doesn't leak water. That is one of the reasons I have enjoyed Klim.

They offered a 20% discount. I tend to buy discontinued stuff for more off than that so not much help.

Not saying I don't like the product either, and I agree out of warranty. To me there is a defect and should have been replaced.

Thanks for the feed back on different boots. Hadn't thought of HMK or FXR. Might try those.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I went through the same process last fall. Klim Boots were in great shape but left boot leaked in the tounge area terribly fast and the right would be wet by midday.

I currently own a pair of 3 year old HMK Team Focus with the dual BOA lacing. The Intuition liners can be thermal fit to your feet, most comfortable boot I've ever had BUT this boot has a very forward tilt to them that I just cannot get comfortable with. The Forward tilt is the only reason I do not use them.

I tried on the Motorfist Stomper, Motorfist Alpha, Klim Adreline with the dual BOA lacing and the lace up, HMK Voyager, several FXR, Ski Doo boot.

I ultimately went with the Motorfist Alpha. This boot is very light and that helps make it very flexible. In fact for those that like a boot that gives support through a stiff boot will probably not like this boot. Also I have not ridden this year when it's very cold out but I don't think it is quite as warm as my Klim Adrniline and not even close to my HMK's. But once riding at 10 degrees out I felt that if we stopped and got a drink and snack (or lunch) for more that 10-15 minutes I would start feeling the cold on my feet.

The Boa lacing on the Motorfist has the adjusters on the tounge and the back of the boot. HMK and Klim have it on the tounge and the outside of the boot. I find the BOA adjuster on the back to be a pain and awkward to make small adjustments to.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Wow, what the hell makes a boot leak? I used to have FXR boots or something back in the day, but I replaced them with Klim maybe 5 years ago or so because I didn't fully understand the importance of drying them out. The FXR boots ended up smelling like complete ****. My 5 year ago Klim boots are still working great, only time the feet get wet is when I'm sweating.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
It appears to be a theme, if you have older Klim boot you are good to go, the newer boots not so much. My Adrenaline boots were new in the fall of 2013 and my feet were getting wet half way through the second season.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
My klims get wet every day i ride. They are about 4 years old. I need to get something new

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Just a thought, but for the guys getting wet feet, what kind of pants or bibs are you wearing? Do they offer a storm cuff or some kind of retention strap to keep the cuff down.

I've seen in the past where some guys will complain that they are getting wet feet but once they diagnose the problem, it's a combination of sweat and snow coming in from the top.

Again, just a thought??????

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Just a thought, but for the guys getting wet feet, what kind of pants or bibs are you wearing? Do they offer a storm cuff or some kind of retention strap to keep the cuff down.

I've seen in the past where some guys will complain that they are getting wet feet but once they diagnose the problem, it's a combination of sweat and snow coming in from the top.

Again, just a thought??????
Fxr mono suit. Some of mine could be sweat but not that much. And its not snow

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Didn't enjoy my Motorfist stomper 2's....3 rides and got rid of them. Heavy and bulky. Love my Klim Adreneline boots...light, warm, dry, nice fit. If I did it over again and wasn't so cheap...Id pop for the boa option. Had that system on snowboard boots and it is slick and gets the boots more snug (and more evenly snug) than possible with the laces. But the laces work totally fine too.

snowmobilers seem to operate on a different wavelength of what should be warranty from the rest of the world...but It's pretty fair to not warranty something that is (well) outside the warranty period. Offering a discount on new boots was over and above. I think the call out is unfounded

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I use the BAFFIN PIVOT rear entry BOA boot.

I Ordered one size higher but after a season they are a little loose so a little thicker socks did the trick !

2 seasons dozens of rides and boots are in great shape

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Get Gore involved. They are the ones that guarantee to keep you dry. Once they are aware of the issue, their clothing partners will jump through hoops to make it right.

hilpulr

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Corvallis MT
Boots

I have had Klim and Motorfist and liked both boots but now i ride with Muck winter boots and will never go back.You will never have a leak. I know they arent "snowmobile" boots but they really work for me

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Get Gore involved. They are the ones that guarantee to keep you dry. Once they are aware of the issue, their clothing partners will jump through hoops to make it right.

Exactly. Gore is the membrane that keeps you dry and they used to and probably still do have a lifetime guarantee on the Gore-Tex.

Premium Features