• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why are Silber Turbo kits less expensive that the rest?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I have been getting ton of calls lately asking why our kits are cheaper than the other guys. The simple answer is our kits are price fairly. There have been a few customers who called the other guys only to be told that the reason they are more expensive is because they use quality products and the support you receive is top notch. They made references to wearing a cheap pair of shoes and putting Wal-Mart tires on your Ferrari. Thats laughable and truly a sign of desperation by people who know their gravy train is coming to an end. I would gladly compare the quality of our components head to head with any other turbo manufacturer on the market.

On the support side I encourage you all to do a little experiment prior to your purchase. Since most of your riding will be on a weekend call up each of the manufacturers or your favorite dealer on Saturday and Sunday. If they don't answer leave a message and see who calls you back the soonest and who doesn't call until Monday morning :whistle: This will tell you who has support when you are most likely to need it.

Some of the reasons we are able to offer a top quality kit at a great price is below:

We sell a lot of kits - Making parts in large batches saves money. Silber passes that savings to the customer.

We don't pay people to ride our kits - Silber does provide deals to some riders who help us test and push the product but all feedback you get from people is honest feedback.

We keep overhead low - We don't waste money on big marketing campaigns or advertising. We rely on our customers word of mouth to sell kits. Again these savings are passed onto the consumer. This is also why we are not represented at most snowshows.

We keep profit margins reasonable - Lets face it, businesses exist to make a profit. Some have learned that by hiring the big guys or having shiny new sleds and trailers to promote your kits you can charge more and people are gladly willing to pay it. It gives some people a "connection" to a great rider and make you feel like "part of team". Its a proven sales model used worldwide and we are certainly not knocking it. We are trying to do something different and create a community that supports our product, that we support and to truly change the world of turbo sleds. We make it attainable for the average, everyday rider and design our kit so that you don't need a big name shop to install it or tune it.

We want to part of your team not the other way around. At the end of the day , this is whats its all about. :hippie:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2WSd1yPhCLU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I think you also forgot simple and refined! Clean and simple means less parts so less cost, less parts so less to fail, less to install so less time to spend on it...

Also amazing how much less you have to mark stuff up when you don't have a 100k marketing budget every year.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I'd make an argument against clean and simple. There are other clean and simple turbo manufacturers out there. Silver turbos are priced where the rest realistically should be. Kudos to him for producing a turbo the average person can afford. Hopefully the rest follow suit so we, the consumer, win.

WileyCoyote

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Hey Corey,
Do you remember the base numbers for your 2012 silber turbo I bought from Tony if so could you pm them to me thanks George

Premium Features