• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil laying in the throttle body inlet duct.

shuttlevalve

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2009
I was starting to pull the engine out of my 09 M1000 so I could replace crank seals, check the bearings and runout (Belt ExPLODED) port it and replace the pistons and add engine mounts / replace any worn ones. So I got the airbox out and noticed quite a bit of oil laying in the duct to the throttle bodies. It was discolored so it had to be spitting back out of the throttle bodies. I rebuilt a 700 that had nearly 4000 miles on it and didn't see anything like puddle in the 1000 with only 2000 miles on the engine. Only thing I can think is a reed problem? I have heard Vforce reeds really aren't worth the money in the laydown engines, found factory new take out cages cheap on ebay was looking for opinions on aftermarket reeds in these engines.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Have the same thing on my PC 800 and same with all my friends sleds from Cat. Seems to be normal when throttle boddies are in front of engine. Some water and dirt come in by intakes and mix with the Oil.

B

b0hman

Oct 23, 2008
Sweden
Took my intake out and noticed oil in the duct before the throttle bodies...
This oil was new.. Heard it was the check valves on the oilpump that was faulty..
Replaced those and now it seems leak free..

Premium Features