• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Big Horn snow thread for those not in the click

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Snow was good today. Setting up though. If there's no new snow this week. It'll be powder less. Except for the trees.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
za3y3a3u.jpg
3a3e9uju.jpg
tatehugu.jpg
qa5u8yva.jpg
budyzyqu.jpg

Oct 2, 2010
Michigan
Heading to Elk View Lodge Saturday morning from Michigan. Anyone know current snow conditions? I heard Alpine is getting hit pretty hard, was wondering if Big Horns is supposed to get that snow or not?

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
They got about 4 inches here a few days ago, couple more yesterday and today, and supposed to get 7-10 more outta this next storm that is rolling in tonight/tomorrow-ish. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Rode the Lovell side today, all I can say is WOW!!! Road up sucked, 4-6 fresh on the road up the mountain and we were the 2nd tracks up pulling a 4 place enclosed. Spun out about halfway up, got out chained up then blew a chain, crap!! We lucked out while we were out assessing the situation and the plow came up so they could get SAR up there for the missing riders search, so we were able to get to the parking lot then otherwise we would have been riding the rest the way up. Finally unloaded and off and running, got the 12yr old stuck right away not even a mile from the parking lot!! Snow was awesome today, open areas were a little blown but still fun to play in, get in the trees and it was EPIC!!!!! Didn't get a whole lotta pics today, but the pic of my sled with nothing but part of the headlights and handlebars sticking out pretty well sums up most the day. Skidoorulz has a few more pics I'm sure he'll post up later.

Bighorns1 2-22-14.jpg Bighorns2 2-22-14.jpg Bighorns3 2-22-14.jpg Bighorns5 2-22-14.jpg Bighorns6 2-22-14.jpg

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
How are things looking now? Group of us from MN are planning to head out on Monday. Thanks.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Nothin to be nervous about, they have lots of snow still. May not be pow pow everywhere, you just might have to get in the trees and shady areas.

mortelec

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2011
Crosslake, MN
Any new updates? Headed to Elk View on the 12th and am pretty nervous....
We are heading to the horns on the 12th also. Not really concerned a few warm days coming this weekend it looks like but a little cooler next week and chance of snow. It's been so damn cold in minnesota this winter I'm just looking forward to riding and not being cold.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Rode the Lovell side today. Snow is pretty well nuked. Thought we might be able to find some soft at least in the trees, but it is really firm everywhere. Sun has not been good to it. In dire need of new snow. Had fun beatin on cornices and exploring new areas, but no powder to speak of.

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Am gonna be up Thursday through Saturday, staying down in Ranchester, rooms all booke up top of course if you don't get a 2-3 week jump on them.
Going to take my 21 yr. old daughter for her first ride, think she will pick up fast as she does a little snowboarding and is athletic, if you see us at Bear parking lot say hi, if you are looking for someone to ride with you're welcome to come along, prolly won't be able to get to far back in teaching her the ropes but am gonna try.:face-icon-small-win
Going to unload at Ranger Creek Saturday, ride back into Shell.
Gotta get out on my new 2014 X.:face-icon-small-hap She'll be on my Blue and white 09 X.

20140303_123703.jpg 20140202_145648.jpg

Premium Features