• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Side hilling issue what's the answer?

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Jorli Ricker says put gas in and ride. He seems to do O.K.:face-icon-small-win I just watched his 2016 review, pretty cool little video.

well... jorli ricker doesn't have 10000+ posts on snowest to prove his abilities...
:face-icon-small-win

I don't suppose ol jorli gets paid anything for saying that either lol... I bet he keeps the stock suitcase can on his own ride too:face-icon-small-win

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Most people reading these post aren't interested in a completely stock sled.

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
Most people reading these post aren't interested in a completely stock sled.
No, but I have seen an awful lot of people that mod the chit out of things, and spend big dollars to mod, and they still can't ride. Dirt bikes, snowmobiles, drag cars, four wheelers, whatever.:face-icon-small-sho

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
I commend you for having the balls to hack up a brand new 13k sled.

Damn rights. There is certain guys I trust and believe that what they say has been tested, and what you read is actual results and not fluffed up BS. I don't, can't, and could never ride like Wyo and some of the guys on here. Therefore I don't need my sled set up the same as theirs. But if they find something that improves a sled in most conditions; for every level rider, I would recommend reading that post carefully. :face-icon-small-coo

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
No, but I have seen an awful lot of people that mod the chit out of things, and spend big dollars to mod, and they still can't ride. Dirt bikes, snowmobiles, drag cars, four wheelers, whatever.:face-icon-small-sho

But we should listen to sponsored riders?

There is only one competition out there that is backcountry skills specific, I heard about it and to compete. I won the stock class on my 16, only thing done was boards steering and headlight delete, had to run stock can even.
In the mod class I rode my 14, stock power against all turbos and a sponsored polaris rider. I won that class too. Both with more than a 10 point lead. The conditions where some of the worst ever too!
So as far as backcountry, boondocking, skills are concerned I have a say, and I put my money on the line.

Not only that but my whole argument over what I've done is almost word for word polaris s pitch on the new Axys

Last edited:

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
But we should listen to sponsored riders?

There is only one competition out there that is backcountry skills specific, I heard about it and to compete. I won the stock class on my 16, only thing done was boards steering and headlight delete, had to run stock can even.
In the mod class I rode my 14, stock power against all turbos and a sponsored polaris rider. I won that class too. Both with more than a 10 point lead. The conditions where some of the worst ever too!
So as far as backcountry, boondocking, skills are concerned I have a say, and I put my money on the line.

Not only that but my whole argument over what I've done is almost word for word polaris s pitch on the new Axys

That wasn't directed at you, wyoboy. I'm just saying that 99% of the riders don't need it, and probably some will do it and it still won't make them a rider. You might be the best rider in the world, don't know, I have never seen you ride. I just watched his video clip and he was doing some pretty neat side hills on a stock chassis.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana

That is a sweet thing about the mods Wyo is doing, pretty cheap for the benefit gained. 98 for the bracket and 400 for the boards, 299 if you go with Burandt boards. Lots of labor though.

But I agree most are fine with stock.

Jorli doesn't get paid for the video but it's a smart business move. All the views the video get and the advertising he gets from it. The review is well done, great video and helped push me off the ledge to check a 16.

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
That wasn't directed at you, wyoboy. I'm just saying that 99% of the riders don't need it, and probably some will do it and it still won't make them a rider. You might be the best rider in the world, don't know, I have never seen you ride. I just watched his video clip and he was doing some pretty neat side hills on a stock chassis.

say it aint so...

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO

That's where your off.
These mods Will make an average rider better and way more confident!

It allows them to push the limit way farther without regret or mistake.

You should listen since you just named me the best ever rider ever. ;)

Last edited:

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
Sometimes I am a little slow on the uptake. So you are really an average or below rider, it's just the sled! It all makes sense now!:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features