• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTEK BLOWHOLE QUESTION

B

boondocker155

Sep 5, 2013
So I just installed a blowhole on my 13' pro. I'mve got a boondocker turbo installed on it. I went to plug it in the D.C. Power in the left shock tower wiring harness. It was taken, so I called MTNTEK and they sold me a rectifier and said to plug it in the AC power. I didn't think to check. Of course that is taken too. So at this point I don't know where to put it. Anybody have any experience with this or know what I can do? Thanks.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
There's another 12v in your hood you could use.
Now overloading the system is a whole nother discussion.

M
Feb 21, 2009
The other 12v source mentioned above is a two pin connector located under the headlights. It is fused at 2 amps...fuse is located above the primary clutch inside a black plastic housing on the end of a couple wires. I don't know how many amps the blow hole pulls, I would check that before connecting it.

B

boondocker155

Sep 5, 2013
Is that in the harness under the headlight? And if so, what would overloading the system do? I'm at a loss. I'll call MTNTEK in the morning i guess

A

ajbond

Jan 29, 2010
Ogden
What did you find? I'm running the BD intercooler pump off the RCA acc plug up by the console and the blow hole from the DC port by the primary.
I'm not sure of the amps the blow uses but BD said the pump is .35 iirc making the 2amp plug more than sufficient. Although I can't verify the coolant pump is working the blow hole is.

Premium Features