• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

raptor springs on 15 pro rmk

tatorsalad

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Does anyone have any seat time on raptor springs on stock shocks if so how well did they work

D

Daniel475

Mar 12, 2012
Gibsons BC
hey

I have a set of them 3 outta the 4 , I believe he sent me one of the wrong springs , they need powder coat but I would be willing to give you a smoking deal

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I'll let ya know in a coupla weeks.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
the triple rate springs are a really nice upgrade for your OEM shocks. just allows a plush initial rate while maintaining better bottoming control in bigger hits without running huge preload to achieve the anti bottoming.

S
Jan 17, 2010
Had some on a 12 pro. I took them off except the center track shock. The rear spring was a nightmare I tried setting to polaris specs to Jakes specs to ever where in between and check static spring length etc .....it would ride like a low rider on my stock 155. I weigh 180lbs. It would spank my arse. Just seem light too soft of a spring, and I would lose travel. But it did come with a nice wrench .

My fronts were better than stock as far as "smoother" but seemed all most like 2 different spring rates causing my right side hard to initiate a right "carve"..so I would compensate by turning my left adjuster firmer or my right less. They were just not the same? So I thought shock was blown or messed up. Pulled springs off and put stock on then tried. Problems stopped.

Overall opinion, so-so. But to inconsistant.Shocks had 300 miles.

Note: powder coat was shat!
Not fully coated springs and rusted and had stress cracks/hairline cracks all over in 100 miles.

I am not sure what the deal was but unimpressed yet have friends with full raptors/kmods in black that hold up and no issues?

Just a real review from someone who didn't have the money to get real shocks. I was pumped to try them after all the good reviews but I am sitting on stock till I can afford something better.

Last edited:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Had some on a 12 pro. I took them off except the center track shock. The rear spring was a nightmare I tried setting to polaris specs to Jakes specs to ever where in between and check static spring length etc .....it would ride like a low rider on my stock 155. I weigh 180lbs.

My front were better than stock but seemed all most like 2 different spring rates causing my right side hard to initiate a right "carve"..so I would compensate by turning my left adjuster firmer or my right less.

Overall so-so,put stock springs back on and issues went away. Shocks had 300 miles.

Note: powder coat was shat!
Not fully coated springs and rusted and had stress cracks/hairline cracks all over in 100 miles.

I am not sure what the deal was but unimpressed yet have friends with full raptors/kmods in black that hold up and no issues?

Everyone having this issue should check their camber. Every Pro checked to date with this issue had camber measurements off in excess of an inch, using the camber line up bar procedure.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Good point Tony.

In addition.
Camber issues are more prevalent when you change the front suspension as well.

Especially if your shocks are too long for your arms application.

This is also one of the reasons that Ride height is very important to keep an eye on when changing things around.

A friend last year switched out his 2012 PRO to some 2014 arms when he bent a lower... Although it was possible to install it.. and the shock "fit" the arm/sled... he could not get it to handle well. Camber was impossible to correct to factory specs.

If the arms are designed for a particular length shock... stick with that length.

You may not realize it if you DO change things around... but when corrected...boy does it feel sweet.

This year... same arms...but had the shocks shortened by the necessary 7/8" and re-set camber... All is good.

S
Jan 17, 2010
I agree on camber 100%, but that was not my case. That would not explain why stock springs worked the next day and raptors didnt?

I do plenty of retarded stuff but a simple spring install is not complicated. I asked here on snowest thinking I was just not doing something right. I talked to jake. Read those papers 4 ' thinking I was missing something. Nope.

I had to counter act the front with adjusting nut 5 plus threads.to keep my sled from diving at unequal rates if that make sense. Nothing was binding. This was on a "new sled".
So I put stock on and problem went away...I'll be quite now...just don't get me going on motorfist red line boots!.

New years resolution: no posting

Last edited:
X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I had the same issue with paint chipping on all four springs I bought. I called up to Jake at Raptor to ask if they where powder coated or painted to get them redone. He said to send pictures to have him take a look. The next day I sent him pic's and without hesitation quickly said he would send me a new set and to throw the old ones away. He mentioned they had a batch of springs where the powder coating was junk and since have a better coating. At no time was a looking to get new ones, just get a new coating put on at my expense. In my eyes he went above and beyond. Great service!!

I also noticed after looking at some other Pro RMK's the Sag in the rear. I didn't notice it until the last ride so I didn't have time to play with it to much. I plan messing around with it.

Other than that I really liked the spring set up.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I had the same issue with paint chipping on all four springs I bought. I called up to Jake at Raptor to ask if they where powder coated or painted to get them redone. He said to send pictures to have him take a look. The next day I sent him pic's and without hesitation quickly said he would send me a new set and to throw the old ones away. He mentioned they had a batch of springs where the powder coating was junk and since have a better coating. At no time was a looking to get new ones, just get a new coating put on at my expense. In my eyes he went above and beyond. Great service!!

I also noticed after looking at some other Pro RMK's the Sag in the rear. I didn't notice it until the last ride so I didn't have time to play with it to much. I plan messing around with it.

Other than that I really liked the spring set up.

Exactly. Jake did the same fit me and he'll do the same for you. There was a bad batch of springs. I'd recommend calling him.

R
Apr 16, 2012
canada
Have them on my ski shocks this season, only have about 100 kms on them so far. They are definitely plusher but seems like my shocks still bottom out just as easily. Am going to try more preload when I get the chance

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Stopped at Roger's today, they were installing the TRS valving in a set of 2015 front shocks. Each front shock was valved different from the factory. This is not the first time we have seen this. Another good reason to have them serviced and verify the valve stack.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
My raptors had the bad paint also. Jake sent me all new springs at no charge to me. And I cut up the old ones like he asked. Awesome service. I run lots of sage on my rear skid. Like it better in the big bumps or holes.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i was lucky enough to be one of the winners of the spring give away.
i have them mounted up according to the instructions. there is a fair amount of ride in to the rear. i talked to raptor and they said there is more ride in than the stock springs.

what has been everyones experience with this? does the sled bottom easier? should there be more preload added to the rear?

I have yet to ride the sled, as there is no snow here:face-icon-small-sad

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
Subscribing
Interested in these springs but kinda hesitant, also looking at doing a Holz shock upgrade. Not sure witch one to do first.

Last edited:

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Interesting conversation here. I too am interested in the TRS Raptors, and am now having second thoughts. I don't like a sled to have allot of rear sag, and I also like my front springs to be stiff. Does Raptor just have one set of TRS or do they have a stiffer setup for larger riders. One spring for all riders is not a good way to go IMO. I'm starting to think that maybe the Z-Bros dual rate, dual spring setup would be a better way to go, because they sell you a spring rate custom designed tor your weight and riding style. Or maybe just running Polaris Fat Boy single rate springs.

Premium Features