• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Viper Throttle Position Sensor Failing??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The sled is tightly wedged in up against the generator and the snow groomer. Waiting for them to pull the groomer back out of the garage so I can test out the sled and see if this solves the problem or not

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I would never recommend bypassing that system on a sled. I did it to mine and had a very painful accident that would have been averted had I not done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well, just tested the sled and it SEEMS happy now.

Started right up several times in a row and had no idle rpm issues at all.

Will take it out and rip up some fresh pow first thing tomorrow!

B

big_red1a

Oct 23, 2008
I know that on a older cat you can just disconnect the three wires going to the kill switch/ throttle switch. It will save you a tow or a chopper but you will loose the saftey factor so be sure to wear a teather. You will also loose your kill switch. I have seen guys pinch a small jumper wire in the connector from the common to the switch as well but that did not work with the older cat??? Either way it can be bypassed in a pinch.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I agree. Shouldn't see this on a new sled, but it seems like a rather random failure not associated with anything else.

Should be back riding in about 90 minutes or so

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
I wouldn't recommend by passing either had my nytro throttle cable stick and that switch saved the sled. You can by pass in the field if need be to get home would never have to tow a sled because of that switch.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Disable the switch.

Install a tether ( if you don't already have one), and disconnect the switch. This is a common issue, had it on 3 arctic cats..

Premium Features