• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bolt and thread size on linderman mount?

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Anyone know off the top of their head the bolt size and thread for the two bolts that mount the linderman mount to on top of the recoil? This morning I tried a "standard" (whatever that is) 5/16 coarse thread bolt and it starts and will go a couple turns and stops, so I'm guessing the size is 5/16 and maybe the thread is just a fine thread? Anyone know for sure? Oh, on the M1000 motor BTW. Thanks!!

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
All the motor bolts are metric!:face-icon-small-fro

Not the 4 big bolt holes on the bottom of the case that aren't normally used!! I believe they're used in shipping, like the bolt sizes I'm looking for which is also why I suspect they might be american.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Thanks for the replies, I was going someone knew off the to of there head so I could just pick some up ay the hardware store, but I did some digging around in my nuts and bolts and found a bolt that will thread in just fine, so I'll take it with me to the store (since the one I found is too long and I only have one) and get the right ones I need.

Sent from my phone using tapatalk

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
The bolt size is M12x1.25 on the bottom of the motor.

Huh, I made a wooden mount to mount to those bolts that I could in turn mount to my bench for when I tore the motor down and rebuild, and I could have sworn they were american, but I don't doubt you're right. It was awhile ago that I did that and I don't remember exactly.

B
Mar 17, 2016
Just called arctic edge and believe I talked to linderman and he was really nice. said the 2 bolts that go to the motor are m8x1.25x20mm long and then for the rubber mount use a 5/16" bolt that is 2" long and use 3 washers and a lock nut. Also gave be some really great advice, said to get the motor to sit straight under power to notch the mount hole on the front engine mount that is bolted to the engine with 2 bolts out 3/16" so that the motor sits back on the mag side so that under power it straightens its self out, apparently Polaris has been doing this for years. thanks for the help Mr linderman!

Last edited:
Premium Features