• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMK lite

I
Mar 19, 2010
mass
I know it's not Pro but the kids weighing in at around 100lbs each, thought this might work. Can't beat the price and maybe I'll take it ice fishing. Not sure the 550f will cut it climbing in western mountains of Maine but we shall see. Heading up day after xmas, kids have no idea. Only problem I only bought one.

sled.jpg

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
We bought that exact same sled, I like it but lack of snow has kept it from being used yet. After it was loaded on the trailer I asked the dealer if it was set up for my altitude, unfortunately they sort of overlooked that small detail.:face-icon-small-dis Anyway I brought it home and set it up myself, which was sort of a challenge because it has a CVtech clutch that few seem to know anything about.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
You will love it. We have two IQ 550 fans with 163" 5.1's under them. They are a blast. Ride Cooke with them all the time. People are shocked when you open the hood. You have to sew your way to the top but you will get there.

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
^^ That moment when you want to ask why you would ever do something like that. But hey to each there own and I'm not one to bash on someones stuff. Besides bet you don't have much more in the two sleds then what i dropped for my 14

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
^^ That moment when you want to ask why you would ever do something like that. But hey to each there own and I'm not one to bash on someones stuff. Besides bet you don't have much more in the two sleds then what i dropped for my 14

Built them for two of my Grandkids. Grandkids weighed around 60# at the time and they could go anywhere with these sleds.
If you take the kids along with the big boys and the kids are stuck all the time you will lose your riding partners when the kids go. These sleds let the kids go anytime with anyone and are confidence builders for the young riders.
You would be astonished at what these sleds can do with an adult on them. Hope some of the guys that have ridden with these chime in.

VTMTcowboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Those look like a blast to ride! I've always wanted to do this as a second sled.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Heres my idea for a great light sled.. would be a blast to ride....

Yes.. I know it is a fantasy build (who would put this kind of money into a sled with 80hp??)

Carbon fiber Evans Tunnel (no coolers)
Titanium Alternative Impact rear suspension with WE-Air shocks (yup)
Fabcraft composite idler wheels
Custom lightweight Ice age rails
Powerclaw 141" x 2.25" track
Custom Involute 8 tooth, 3" pitch drivers.
Polaris factory Quick Drive belt drive system with further lightened rotor.
Easton 38mm Havoc carbon fiber handlebars
Alternative Impact Ti steering post, custom height.
Hardcoat T-III w/PTFE Anodized Diamond-S Ti running boards
SPG lowboy seat
Basic tach only.
Alternative Impact Ti arms
Lighened factory spindles
WE-Air ski shocks
All titanium bolts where possible.
Titanium belcranks
tubular swaged tie rods/drag links with all Aluminum
All of TJ's carbon fiber panels and fuel tank
Diamon S mesh hood
Diamon S Ti can
P-2 secondary clutch
Happy Face Products lightened primary clutch
Custom Aeen Pipe.

Polaris 550 fan... basiscally stock except for APT smart carbs, carbon fan housings, oil pump delete (pre mix)

This sled would be a 330 lb (or less) RIOT!!

Last edited:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
What are running for drivers and gearing tooth counts there Tony?
Dave,
Polaris drivers 8 x 2.86. Found the shafts with drivers on e-bay for $75. Bought the 155 take off skids from Tri-city for $150 each. A steal. Running 18-45 gearing.

Eric,
They are running premix. The 550s have heat soak issues that cause an air bubble in the oil line. The PI bypass fix didn't resolve the problem.
Replaced the pto bearings with BRP isoflex sealed bearings. This mod should come right from PI.
Replaced the speedometers with tachometers. One has IceAge straight rails and one with Polaris tip up rails. The tip up rails are a better fit for this sled. Both have HPS cans. I narrowed stock RMK bars as much as possible for the kids. Gripper skis on both.
Tunnels are made from .080" so the kids could bang them around, and they have.
Would like to put the 02 440 Pro-X top end on one, 88 hp.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
That one slipped under the radar for me.... any pics of one of those motors?

Did people pump them up?

EDIT: Google images
51210d1119404123-2002-polaris-pro-x-440-fan-pics-9716.jpg

Last edited:
B
Oct 26, 2003
Those are cool as all get out. Nice to see something different and out of the ordinary, and I'm sure two very happy youngsters!!!

kt19

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2011
Cheyenne, Wy
Rode a day with TRS last year. All I can say about those sleds is WOW. Went everywhere super solids builds. And thought the same thing as many of you. What a perfect back up sled

I
Mar 19, 2010
mass
Does anyone know if my 13 Pro shorty seat will fit the Indy? Just picked up a +2 for xmas. Was also thinking of adding a pair of grippers? not sure kids will need them.

Premium Features