• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil pump adjustment on 15 Pro.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I have my sled torn down putting on a Blow Hole and decided to look into turning up the pump while it's easy to get at.

I got a mirror and looked at the pump lever mark and the "v" is perfectly lined up with the scribe mark.

This sled has zero miles on it and it's not looking very good for me to get a break in run on it before heading to Island Park in Feb.

Should I just leave it as-is until I break it in and I can calculate the ratio, or give it a couple turns now?

newfrank

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2013
I have my sled torn down putting on a Blow Hole and decided to look into turning up the pump while it's easy to get at.

I got a mirror and looked at the pump lever mark and the "v" is perfectly lined up with the scribe mark.

This sled has zero miles on it and it's not looking very good for me to get a break in run on it before heading to Island Park in Feb.

Should I just leave it as-is until I break it in and I can calculate the ratio, or give it a couple turns now?

Leave as is for now and see what your ratio is. I have a 15 sba and I don't think I'll be needing to turn the pump up. Ratio is somewhere around 32:1 from factory.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
That's what I was thinking. It seemed like other years some had the notch and mark lined up out of the box and others were way off.

Did you check your marks on your SBA or just run it and check the ratio?

newfrank

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2013
I just ran it and checked the ratio. Going to tear into it this weekend to install running boards, fine tune the suspension and add corks to the handlebars so I'll check then to see if its lined up or not.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Went out with a '15 TD for a couple of rides. First thing he asked me about was oil use lol so I said let's see and marked his tank same as mine.
Had a good chuckle when I saw he already had a Doo cap.

2 40Lish days. Both needed a bit more than a liter of oil to top up. Mines a '13 with 3.5 turns extra on the pump. His is a stock '15.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Without any exact numbers.....my 2015 uses roughly twice as much oil as my 2011 did. Both oil pumps were unchanged from factory setting.

So I'd definitely try it before messing with it.

Premium Features