• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I will never ride without a tether again

dejadoo

Lifetime Membership
Blaming old age, memory is the 2nd thing to go!

Going to have to start taking pics of when you run out of gas and oil with your tanker and supplies sled

I haven't seen him tether up yet.... :face-icon-small-ton
What a putz.... :tsk:
Maybe next yr?

DSCN0622_zps4a4c172b.jpg

Last edited:
G
Nov 24, 2008
SK, Canada
So what do you guys prefer for tethers? Handlebar mount clipped to your wrist? How about the in-dash unit by the key? Clipped to your belt?

I've also seen several different kinds. The button hold down cap, the clip that holds the button up, and even an interrupt tab key.

What's your preference? What stays out of the way? What works best?

I'm really happy with the tether I got from Pro Armor. Fits on my proclimb bars nicely and has worked flawlessly so far.

20140210_203407.jpg

RDS88

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
It would be cool to see a tether style switch that would apply the brakes somehow.

blastco2

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
se idaho
since Shawn's accident, everyone in my group wears a tether. I should have started years ago but, pure stupidity on my part prevented tether use.
last march my wife was pulling a good side hill and caught a rock, got bucked off, sled went for a little ghost ride. bumped a tree...$200. without a tether it would have been and insurance claim. we just got her sled free and headed down when we found a fellow with an 800 cat upside down running wide open... scary! seeing that track screaming like that. the guy was jerking on a ski trying to roll it over toward himself. another member of our group stopped him from tipping his sled and dug for the kill switch to get it stopped.

anyway, the main function of the tether is to prevent the sled eating you after it has thrown you off. helping with a ghost ride is just a side benefit.

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

Premium Features