Need Torque chart and specs for top end - SnoWest Snowmobile Forum
FORUMS NEWS SNOWEST PERFORMANCE TRAVEL PHOTO VIDEO SUBSCRIBE

New Thread

Go Back   SnoWest Snowmobile Forum > Performance & Modifcations > Polaris > Polaris: GEN 2

SnoWest
Register Forums New Posts Classifieds Garages

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: GEN 2 1999-2001, all models in the Gen 2 chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Currently: waiting to start carving in some powder

indyseriesnick has a reputation beyond reputeindyseriesnick has a reputation beyond reputeindyseriesnick has a reputation beyond reputeindyseriesnick has a reputation beyond reputeindyseriesnick has a reputation beyond reputeindyseriesnick has a reputation beyond reputeindyseriesnick has a reputation beyond reputeindyseriesnick has a reputation beyond reputeindyseriesnick has a reputation beyond reputeindyseriesnick has a reputation beyond reputeindyseriesnick has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Exclamation Need Torque chart and specs for top end

Im replacing the head gasket and some other gaskets in the top end of the engine, and i need to know how much torque to tighten the bolts on the head, and in what order.

anyone have charts or something????

Riding the Wind River Mountains:
Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-08-2013, 01:42 AM
Currently: WTB UBR W/C triple 1350 head

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing your talking about a 2000 700? Head bolts 18-22ft lbs. cylinder base nuts 30- 34ft lbs Tighten your head bolts first before you tighten the cylinder base nuts. I don't know how to upload charts but basically start in the middle of the head and work your way out to each end, take it a few increments at a time. I'll do a pass at about 10lbs, then again at 15, then again at 22. Once you've heat cycled it a couple of times torque it again at 22. When you drop the head bolts in use some type of sealer on the base of the head of the bolt, I just use high temp. silicone but there is another thread on here right now that gives you a few other ideas.

Best way to tune a race engine is to lean on it till ya put the rods out about 50 feet before the finish line then back it down 1 tooth on the pulley so it lets go 50 feet after the finish 2XM3
Rate this post: Yes | No