• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Made a ZR200 light housing.

Cri7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 17, 2024
Alaska
My youngest rear-ended someone riding on the trails last winter. It broke the hood and headlight. I ordered new stuff, but as I was installing it I got to thinking "it will probably happen again". So I scanned the hood and made a headlight mount that just flanges up to the broke hood. I have one fix I need to clean up for a screw on the bottom. All in all I'm pretty happy with the end result. I might make a good scoop for the top with a light bar give him some more light and keep the engine cool.

Im going to test run it this weekend and make sure I didn't miss something obvious and then I'll report back with some pics of it painted up and file links etc.

Open to feedback on design as well if anyone has some thoughts.

PXL_20231231_004638042~2.jpg PXL_20240117_184020513.jpg PXL_20240117_184016475.jpg PXL_20240116_171429584.MP.jpg PXL_20231231_181013456.jpg

Cri7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 17, 2024
Alaska
Nice, like it. That may fit the Blast as they share light and windshield designs.
I have two blasts I never noticed the light was the same. It'll take me a couple weeks, but once I finish it up I'll test fit it on those too. I was planning on adding a little hood scoop to mount a light bar to, bit now that I see it I think maybe I'll use that windshield mount location to try and make a recessed mount for the high beams. Might be able to make something that mounts the same as blast windshields so you can throw a light bar on those as well.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Cri7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 17, 2024
Alaska
another print with mount tabs back to the original holes left and right of the light. looks great and the light output will be such an improvement.
I agree. I took my scan and found center and mirrored it and I lost some width. Oddly enough the center rib on the nose looked crooked and I assumed my scan was off in that location so I used that as my center mark to cut and flip.

I was away from home at work. When I printed my first test fit and brought it out the rib is actually slightly off center it it threw the scale off. I think ultimately I'm going to completely re-do the the housing and try to catch those locations., but I needed something for this weekend for little man to ride with.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Premium Features