• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo: New Lineup REVEAL 2024

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Are the dash vent covers different on the 24’s?

c1f7ff243fdddaa7a00d14221a538c1c.jpg

185cc41619f7f06323aa8fe8d0f27dd9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a new accessory and they look restrictive. I put the HD intakes on my 2019 and lost rpm, in deep snow, put the stock ones back on and my rpm came back, never had a issue after.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J

Jviper

Sep 20, 2015
Edmonton AB
it is more stood up so it eases the steering that the ds4 brings with it, i loved the 146 freeride easy to ride, not as easy as the summit x but close second. But i like the 34 front end. if the freeride had 34 front end it would be so sick, but jay and blaine are way faster than me hit stuff big and hard and that sled is designed for them not me.
can you put a 34'' front end on a freeride with the pro 40 shocks? or will the reservoir hit the control arm?

Stimpy97c

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2014
There is an "accessories coming soon" page that shows the vent covers (pg 2), adjustable brake lever, flatter tunnel bag? etc.

Moving forward I would like to see a more inline spindle on the expert/summits across the board. The ds4 and expert have serious feedback/twitch on hard snow and when crossing old tracks sidehilling.

I would also like to see 15 wide track option on summits. I have always gotten along better with a 15 wide track and never end up running the doo track. It might be more snow dependent. I ride Wyo/Colo sugar snow and usually the loss in weight over the doo track is more of an advantage in floatation (until this year stock ,154 expert track is 48 lbs). However, what I would really like to see is an option in tracks for more sugary snow. The x-light expert track probably works great in wetter heavier snow, but trenches more than it should in sugar snow.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon

Norona,​

Do you know whats up with the 10.25 guage, and those pages about the guage above that got removed? ( Where it says it doesn't need a phone gps/maps and tracking your friends )

Must be in the works but not ready yet for some reason? I would like to know for sure before I decide to snowcheck one. Sure would be nice. ( I'm on a '22 Lynx right now, and carry my own GPS radios that pair to my phone via bluetooth with tracking its a royal pain lol - Having to dig my phone out of my pocket to see my map constantly , plus no one else has what I have )

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Looks like in the accessories you can eventually purchase for $115 embedded maps and tracking

Large screen will have maps and tracking with no cell needed

WHAT HAVE WE HERE?????

Embedded Maps​

SKU 860202727
Not good enough. Should be a free thing BRP. Already pay $2000+ for it.

"Adds GPS tracking" so it may be a GPS but it does not say anything about buddy tracking

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
"Adds GPS tracking" so it may be a GPS but it does not say anything about buddy tracking
But those pages posted above got removed from ski doo's website.

How does the Polaris one track friends without a phone?

I have these radios https://baofengtech.com/product/gmrs-pro/ that use radio transmission plus GPS to send your position to others with the same radio. But I can't get my buddys to buy them and the app isn't great ( plus I have to dig my phone out to see the map every time )

Without radio technology I dunno how they would send your buddies position at any reasonable distance.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
discovering why 16 is better than 15 unless you ride super fast and dont care when you hit something, the 16 inch track has way better creepability because of the width.
You can say that and maybe some is true but a bunch is the track. My wife's 9r is a 155 and just jumps on the snow and goes. Doesn't trench at all. It also doesn't have the traction the lynx track has. I guess what I'm saying is there is way more involved thsn just 15 wide or 16 wide.

G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
For BC, Canada, they are offering 1 year warranty and 1 year BEST on spring orders or $750 store credit.
Also, guaranteed delivery to dealer by December 21st or an additional $750 compensation.

Details are on the website: More -> Promotions -> Spring sales event.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
For BC, Canada, they are offering 1 year warranty and 1 year BEST on spring orders or $750 store credit.
Also, guaranteed delivery to dealer by December 21st or an additional $750 compensation.

Details are on the website: More -> Promotions -> Spring sales event.
Dang it.
Was hoping to see the return of the 3 yr warrenty.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
what specifically is the advantage of a 15" track? it's only a half inch narrower on either side. better maneuverability at the expense of some floatation?
It is easier to get on edge. Narrow your skis up. Even though it only a half inch it is very noticeable. Why do you think they have tmotion and flex edge all these years? Why do you think people are whining about the expert being harder to get on edge? Why do you think they have a 34 inch front-end when everyone else is 36?
They have more traction this year. It is a little more suspect with flex edge when they have 15 inches of lug on a 16 wide track. Expert track on gen 5 definitely has more traction than my lynx but a friend of mine, with 165 Expert, said the lynx was easier to get on edge and has 36 inch front end.
Also doo has always trenched and the lynx is worse yet. Polaris climbs on snow and goes. It lifts while my lynx digs down. You have to ride it faster.
You have to decide what you're willing to settle on. My shredder is awesome. Just not on everything.

H
Feb 7, 2018
Floats are archaic, and offer horrible spring rate and adjustability same as coil over, compared to the torsion spring suspension.
How is the ability to change spring rate, the ability to tune both main and Evol chamber pressures in minutes on Floats with pump, LESS adjustable than a torsion spring? All you can change on the torsion springs is preload, and there are very limited options for different actual springs. I have had my ups and downs with air shocks and understand that they may not be for everyone, but I don’t see how they offer “horrible” adjustability versus the torsion spring.
Skidoo did a good thing with the 40’s all the way around on the freeride, but still use the pro 40’s and not the pro 40 R so the 34” front end cannot be used.
I don’t have any experience with 40s but with the 36 there is the possibility to use 34” front end with aftermarket a- arms like Zbroz or with very easy slight modification the OEM arms or shock. Where is the issue with 40s? I have a set of 34” Zbroz arms here but haven’t tried putting them on yet. Tom offers modification to his new and your favorite Floats to use 34” OEM arms in 10 minutes.

If it’s still a problem, you can just get aftermarket shocks or a Shredder and you don’t mind leaving the torsion springs.
The new Doo track lug design in a 15w is interesting but it’s purpose built and not a sled that interests me for the terrain and snow I ride in.
The freeride as always been known as the ugliest sled in the lineup, the 2023 was the nicest looking freeride yet, but my god, mint color? Wow why even bother, it’s a motorized piece of equipment, no one would chose that color if they had a option, doo does not offer options like Polaris does.

As a several custom color Polaris snowcheck owner, I think it’s pretty safe to say that all of the color options add cost, can contribute to delivery delays, and also be extremely hard and exponentially more expensive to find replacements for in my personal experience. Few hundred on a wrap if it bothers anyone that much is less of a headache, than paying extra for it with your snowcheck, waiting, then not being able to find the right color replacement parts from the manufacturer.
Unless there is some hidden surprise that has not been revealed like the removal of the quick change drive shaft, I do not feel the want to snowcheck from what I seen.

Agreed this is stupid and they need to fix it for sure. I don't know whether they could have in the timeframe. Meanwhile, TKI. $115, 1 hour of easy wrenching. Done.

Last edited:
Premium Features