• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit 850: Ratchet, Slap, Rocks and Carnage!!

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
kind of lurking arnt ya!? that's like going to the axys forum and trying to take a poll on which brand has broken A arms
face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Lurking?
I'm very interested in this motor.
The bulk head thing is very concerning to me.
I almost ordered one. I would have added a boost-it turbo.
I'm very glad I didn't order one at this point.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Cooll

just giving ya some crap sorry.........
face-icon-small-happy.gif

No problem.
I just think the bulk head is built a little to light.
I hope BRP makes it a little stronger or reformerces the inside. That's all.
I think the sled is a great platform.
Just has a few first year sled problems that can easily be updated or fix by BRP.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
That's good news.

So any ETA on getting all 3 sleds back at this point or are they waiting on more parts to come in?

Sled #1 will be done this week
Sled #2 next week
Sled #3 is waiting on a replacement spindle which BRP is showing as being on BackOrder. I am trying to track that item down myself
Part #505074130 for my son Chris' sled.

P
Nov 30, 2015
SE Idaho
All three of my sleds are at Rexburg Motor Sports.
The parts for the first sled arrived end of last week.
I will check with them for an update tomorrow and let everyone know.

Hopefully they did not do some of the damage or "enhance" existing damage with their forklift. The way they handled my Axys, they smashed the lower plastic belly into the quick drive belt and pulley and really scratched up the rear skid drop brackets. That would put pressure right on the chaincase I would guess. I got a great deal on my sled, but that did not leave a good impression. Hope you are riding again soon.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
To my eyes that is plain and simply cheap brittle cast. Agreed taking it quite well and we all know the consequences of Early season riding but I've been working with metal of all forms for nearly 35 years and again what I clearly see is cheap brittle cast and for a bulkhead is simply too darn thin. There's point to everything in which you have to draw a line between light weight and or reliability.

I was thinking the same thing, sorry about your luck Christopher.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hopefully they did not do some of the damage or "enhance" existing damage with their forklift. The way they handled my Axys, they smashed the lower plastic belly into the quick drive belt and pulley and really scratched up the rear skid drop brackets. That would put pressure right on the chaincase I would guess. I got a great deal on my sled, but that did not leave a good impression. Hope you are riding again soon.

It has been MY experience that Rexburg Motor Sports is a GREAT dealership to work with, and their service department has been nothing short of OUTSTANDING for me since 2008 when I first started going there.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I was thinking the same thing, sorry about your luck Christopher.
Its all part of the game we call Sledding.

For me, I just CAN'T WAIT to get my sleds back and get out there on some of this AMAZING SNOW.

I made a couple mistakes, paid the price for the education, and am ready to ROCK N ROLL with 3 great sleds once again!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Great attitude!! I'm buying you and the boys a beer, drink or two in Tog.
Thanks again for all you do on this forum.
Right now I am dying!
All the crazy weather of late has DELAYED my repair parts and the Avy Class starts next friday morning.

its going to come RIGHT DOWN TO THE WIRE to get back on the snow.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Back in the day... I didn't have to worry about a cracked module... on my 1970 Doo Elan 250 E... Heck I don't think that that 13hp piston-ported monster even had a "module" !!

Parlez-vous français?

Enjoy !!

<iframe width="1200" height="675" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yn_BuEFvWUw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
PICTURE

Those are a Super Olympique (16HP), Olympique (12HP) towing a Ski Boose and an Alpine! Those were the good old days.
Now today we have machines with: 10 times the Horsepower, the sled is twice as long, costs 20 times as much, weighs twice as much, uses the same amount of gas, Goes through snow five times as deep (except for the twin track Alpine), is 10 times more reliable, has five times the suspension travel, is safer to ride, has better lighting, premixes the oil and gas for you and has less than half the emissions.
And we still bitch!
Really!:face-icon-small-ton

A

AMAX

Dec 22, 2014
Back then you opened up the garage, rode to the edge of town and found enough terrain and snow to get the rush of finding the machine's limitations. Now its a 2 - 20 hour drive with $70,000.00 worth of truck and trailer. :crazy:

Last edited:
Premium Features