• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowest...we need a rev XM section

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
:heart:

Not to be an a** Paul, but you jumped all over my chit for asking about a separate forum for the etec when it was first released. Wasn't that a bigger change than the 12-13?

Jumped chit? :face-icon-small-con I don't recall that but in this case Doo sees fit to assign a different name and a lot of changes... More than just the fuel system.
Its just a suggestion, not my decision.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Summit has slp can and some clutching.... Stock can on pro and he has clutching and 2.5 CE.... When we swapped sleds and I'm on the pro, I got the jump and was pinned the whole time the summit was pulling away.... We're headed to the mountains to see how they compare up there... I don't know what more runs would have done... It was the same result every time...

Remember that the Scud has a 16" wide track so you really can't compare them by length alone. 155x16 and 155x15 are not the same and traction is superior on the 16" track.

I've owned everything but a Yamaha and liked all of them at the time I owned them. Ride what makes you smile the biggest cause they all are fun. Which one is more fun for you?

Last edited:
S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
I think the only reason your seeing those videos of bunny hill races with the Poo are just that............Video of the Poo.............All of his steep n deep videos,,,,,,,,,,,no Poo anywhere to be found. :whip:

Slick, why dont you go ride with Fred and show him how it's done?
I've never ridden with you but I have ridden with Fred and I'd put a "benjie" on it that he'd outclimb you and your Poo....................................................... on your so called bunny=slopes.:nono:.............LOL...........I'll let him ride my non turbo...non Big Bore Etec so it's fair even.

So what you think Slick? :ranger:
Your called out "AGAIN"........:behindsofa:

I think...... I'm just gonna continue giggling at the grade 7 "meet you at the bike rack after school " mentality that some employ. You guys are obviously waayyy over my head in ability. I barely get around in the mountains, if we were ever to have a competition, you'd have to spot me a big advantage to make it fair. Just to make it challenging for you.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
On the same dyno on the same day there is a 6 hp difference not 23 so I'll use the right number.
Pro 155 at 417 pounds and 146 hp= 2.86 pounds/hp
Summit 154 at 464 pounds and 152 hp= 3.05 pounds/hp
And the pro make more hp to track so let's line them up

pro make more hp to track ??

Don't forget cat with 163 hp and 474lbs on a sno pro 153. Approx of course.

Over wt and probably under powered but with out a proper operator valve your numbers don't mean chit.

[QUOTE so let's line them up[/QUOTE] Since your talking #s. Grab $300 and line up to an older gentleman on a heavy under powered sled with your over powered under weight sled. This ones not turbo-ed either.

[Don't forget to pack your wife's hanky!!!]

AMAZING doesn't describe what I've seen.

ride rasmussun 027.jpg

Last edited:
W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
agree

Good call brew.

apologise for the jacking.

i agree lets get a new fourm for the NEW sled, im just as excited as the next guy but i still own a XP and there is a flood of reviews, info. etc. on this. would be nice to clean it up a bit...just saying

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
Just bumping this back up. As stated the xp section is flooded with xm stuff and it is becoming hard to find xp info. Without a advanced search.

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
So why do the POO guys care if there is a new XM section in the DOO 4M? An XM section makes it alot easier for those of us that are interested in the improved DOO XM to get educated--just like the individual REV and XP sections.

BCB

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Really? I'm guessing this is sarcasm? Look at all the people on snowest signatures that say snowchecked. I think around a dozen were checked just from my local dealer.

yea...envious/jealous sarcasm..dang i wish i would win a lottery..

R

rev_rider800

Jan 23, 2011
minneapols mn
Totally agree...while they're at it I think they should open a section for mod sleds with sub divisions for every aftermarket accessory offered!

That is in the ranking for one of the dumbest idea...what about all the changes doo made in 2010? How about the etec? The narrow front end offered in 2011??? Separate sections for all of them? Why not have a separate section for each year and model!?

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
Totally agree...while they're at it I think they should open a section for mod sleds with sub divisions for every aftermarket accessory offered!

That is in the ranking for one of the dumbest idea...what about all the changes doo made in 2010? How about the etec? The narrow front end offered in 2011??? Separate sections for all of them? Why not have a separate section for each year and model!?

To start with the reason being this is now an xm not an xp, the 10, 11 were all still an xp. Changes in 10 were very minor a longer front shock basically on the skid. 11 was etec and 36 front end. 12 was storage in the seat with a 2.5 paddle. If you want to go that route why even split the rev and the xp there the same both are rider forward.

So yeah an xm section is a good idea

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
It seems there is alot more support for a xm forum on here than over on dootalk, pretty biased if yah ask me, because they have a rev xp and rev xr forum on the trail section and it's the same chassis with different parts on it.
Anyway I hope the xm forum goes through on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Why would anyone NOT want an XM section? Who does it hurt and why would anyone who doesn't own one or is interested in them care if there was a separate section?

Premium Features