• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZF Snowbike Kits ?

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Anyone have any insight to this ZF Snow snowbike kit ? I hear Poland and 4K so far. New kits Ohlins. Lighter than TS and heavier than Yeti.

IMG_1379.JPG

Last edited:

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Looks good but looks basically like an aro..just nicer in my opinion with a vented chain case which is nice.

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
I have a buddy that just made the switch from the Yeti to the ZF but obviously hasn't had it on the snow yet. He is very excited about it after years of Yeti's though.

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
I have a couple coming jan 22 to test out. They are actually 125.84 length on the 127 kit with a 2.6 track. 44 windows 2.86x44=125.84. Chain adjustment off bike is on a cam and looks slick to adjust. Anyone interested give me a PM. Should have a good report by end of January. I am excited about the length. I rode a few 120s this year for the first time and love how they handle through the trees compared to my 137s. I am done with 137s afters riding the 120-129 length. Ohlin upgrades are in the works as of now. Jury still out on the ski, I think it is made by slydog but no info on there web sight? Looks a lot like the traverse ski. I am working with ZF now on coming up with a s or short version. Will be putting one on a yz450f and a ktm 450 sxf. If these work as good as they look I will be bringing in a few more.

Last edited:
P
Dec 18, 2017
Friend of mine bougt this kit all and all it looks realy good! Np welds just bolts. no machined parts. Only lasercut and lathe work.

We did find one thing that is just not okey.
Spaceing in ski mount is WAY off! When putting front axle in and let forks decide distance we got 61 mm for spaceing. Spacers are 64mm. = not even close and will **** whit suspension.

(why does sll kits use this pos sulotion?)

We custom made adjusible spacers.

And i can see forks get hurt whit thes clamps. ?

DSC_9805.JPG DSC_9804.JPG DSC_9803.JPG

D
Nov 27, 2022
USA
I have a couple coming jan 22 to test out. They are actually 125.84 length on the 127 kit with a 2.6 track. 44 windows 2.86x44=125.84. Chain adjustment off bike is on a cam and looks slick to adjust. Anyone interested give me a PM. Should have a good report by end of January. I am excited about the length. I rode a few 120s this year for the first time and love how they handle through the trees compared to my 137s. I am done with 137s afters riding the 120-129 length. Ohlin upgrades are in the works as of now. Jury still out on the ski, I think it is made by slydog but no info on there web sight? Looks a lot like the traverse ski. I am working with ZF now on coming up with a s or short version. Will be putting one on a yz450f and a ktm 450 sxf. If these work as good as they look I will be bringing in a few more.
Hey did, you ever get the kits? I didn't see a reply from you here. I've been researching the kits, they look better than timbersled and yeti. Where did you get yours from?

Z
Dec 28, 2022
Redmond WA
Hey did, you ever get the kits? I didn't see a reply from you here. I've been researching the kits, they look better than timbersled and yeti. Where did you get yours from?
Hy Dan, I am not sure where raleigh111 got his kits, some folks go as far as buying in Europe and bringing to the US. However, I have good news for you, I have started to import ZF snow kits into the US, and we have few in stock. If you live near by, I am in Redmond WA, PM me and I can show you the kit. If you are a serious, I even have a demo bike for folks that are indeed serious and want to test before they buy, we just have to arrange it. You are right about your research - the kit is incredible, it really separates itself in the deep NW snow, it will literally outclimb other bikes with its 12.5 wide track and 2.6 long lugs , and its unique 127" long track. That 127 length is really the sweet spot - feels light and nibble, yet it plows through the deep like no other. Also, our ski carves so well on the trail - I swear!.. , and has no drawbacks in the back country. We want to stay competitive and have priced them 2000$-4000$ cheaper (depends on the brand you compare) for the 127 inch long, and our 127 kit competes direclty with the 129s from the competitors , not the 120s. Some of the competition charges 9500$ for a kit of 129 " long - that is out of reach for most people and the reason that inspired us to partner with ZF and bring ZF snowbikes to the US at a more affordable price. All the info is at zfsnowbikeusa.com , also find me on Instagram and facebook. Looking forward to talk to you.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Hy Dan, I am not sure where raleigh111 got his kits, some folks go as far as buying in Europe and bringing to the US. However, I have good news for you, I have started to import ZF snow kits into the US, and we have few in stock. If you live near by, I am in Redmond WA, PM me and I can show you the kit. If you are a serious, I even have a demo bike for folks that are indeed serious and want to test before they buy, we just have to arrange it. You are right about your research - the kit is incredible, it really separates itself in the deep NW snow, it will literally outclimb other bikes with its 12.5 wide track and 2.6 long lugs , and its unique 127" long track. That 127 length is really the sweet spot - feels light and nibble, yet it plows through the deep like no other. Also, our ski carves so well on the trail - I swear!.. , and has no drawbacks in the back country. We want to stay competitive and have priced them 2000$-4000$ cheaper (depends on the brand you compare) for the 127 inch long, and our 127 kit competes direclty with the 129s from the competitors , not the 120s. Some of the competition charges 9500$ for a kit of 129 " long - that is out of reach for most people and the reason that inspired us to partner with ZF and bring ZF snowbikes to the US at a more affordable price. All the info is at zfsnowbikeusa.com , also find me on Instagram and facebook. Looking forward to talk to you.

Great to see another affordable option at $5500. $9500 is just getting out of control.

From what I understand this is the ZF that makes the sprockets for Beta bikes, correct? Which is a different ZF than the ZF that makes automotive transmissions I'm assuming?

Where are these kits made?

Z
Dec 28, 2022
Redmond WA
Glenn, indeed the the prices of snowkits have gone out of control. The kits are made in Poland and ZF ( aka ZF sprockets) is on the factory team for Beta motorcycles in europe , so yes, a company proven to manufacture and design quality products. It is not the same as the ZF transmissions. I am lucky to have a job that pays my bills, hence I am importing the kits at reasonable prices due to passion for the sport, and hoping to bring affordability to everyone. Even after steep import fees form Europe, we will try to keep the cost down, not much profit margin but that is ok : ) because it is fun ! One more thing, if you are curious, ZF has partnered with Slydog ( US company ) to design the front ski and bogie wheels ( https://slydogskis.com/bogie-wheels ). Some of you probably know that slydog is the place to go when wanting to upgrade your oem sled with the top of the line after market parts.

D
Nov 27, 2022
USA
Hi zf-us, thanks for the follow up. I sent you a message via your website. I want to meet and see the kit. I keep reading reviews about it and it seems to be the best performer in deep snow.

E
Dec 19, 2007
Glenn, indeed the the prices of snowkits have gone out of control. The kits are made in Poland and ZF ( aka ZF sprockets) is on the factory team for Beta motorcycles in europe , so yes, a company proven to manufacture and design quality products. It is not the same as the ZF transmissions. I am lucky to have a job that pays my bills, hence I am importing the kits at reasonable prices due to passion for the sport, and hoping to bring affordability to everyone. Even after steep import fees form Europe, we will try to keep the cost down, not much profit margin but that is ok : ) because it is fun ! One more thing, if you are curious, ZF has partnered with Slydog ( US company ) to design the front ski and bogie wheels ( https://slydogskis.com/bogie-wheels ). Some of you probably know that slydog is the place to go when wanting to upgrade your oem sled with the top of the line after market parts.
I might be interested in just the ski by itself but it looks like the mounting might be different do you have any better pictures of top and bottom? I'm hoping the Russians know how to build a ski that works good in hard snow

Z
Dec 28, 2022
Redmond WA
"....I'm hoping the Russians know how to build a ski that works good in hard snow

The ski really rips on hard pack, carves like a race ski., but at the same time you are not missing anything in the pow Yes, it is a Polish made kit , not Russian, but some are US parts, https://slydogskis.com/ (us company ) makes the ski and bogie wheels. On my website (www.zfsnowbikeusa.com) go to gallery it has closer pic of the ski, I also added one pic at the end that has a full bottom view alongside the kit. If you want more details, I can try to post here, but somehow pics were not displaying well.

side_andSki.jpg

E
Dec 19, 2007
The ski really rips on hard pack, carves like a race ski., but at the same time you are not missing anything in the pow Yes, it is a Polish made kit , not Russian, but some are US parts, https://slydogskis.com/ (us company ) makes the ski and bogie wheels. On my website (www.zfsnowbikeusa.com) go to gallery it has closer pic of the ski, I also added one pic at the end that has a full bottom view alongside the kit. If you want more details, I can try to post here, but somehow pics were not displaying well.
Thanks, How wide is the ski? It looks like it might fit a ts spindle but would probably need dimensions to be sure.

Z
Dec 28, 2022
Redmond WA
Ski is 10” wide plus 1/8 metal edge sticking in each side , the space inside the spindle mount cavity is 3” and 1/16. What kit do you ride ? What don’t you like about your ski ?

Z
Dec 28, 2022
Redmond WA
I have to lookup the prancing of an individual ski and get back to you, maybe around 350$-400$, not sure. I don't stock them, and to be cost effective, I have to order one as part of the next shipment of snow bike kits. I believe an ambassador of ZF is in Quebec (look them up) , but we are independent dealers, I am in the US, so I can't speak on their behalf much.

Premium Features