• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yeti - still in the game?

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
So it seems like there has been little to no changes in the Yeti since they sold and the smart people are gone. Other than bolting on more braces? Correct me if I’m wrong.

where’s the 3in track? I can’t spend all the money Justin gave me on a 2.5in setup. Do I have to go back to timbersled?

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Ya to me it seems like they are dieing out. Very little support its seems like or push to sell. If you are going to have a high price point you have to have the tech to support it. Don't get me wrong I love mine but timbersled is pushing hard with complete packages from financing to a myriad of options. Its disappointing....

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
So it seems like there has been little to no changes in the Yeti since they sold and the smart people are gone. Other than bolting on more braces? Correct me if I’m wrong.

where’s the 3in track? I can’t spend all the money Justin gave me on a 2.5in setup. Do I have to go back to timbersled?
Thats a pretty incredible statement, The new Yeti absolutely kills everything . Yeti destroyed the 3 inch T sled side by side in really tough terrain running both Yeti and T sled 3 inch side by side. They have to be geared Low to turn the track, much slower track speed.50- 60 hp will not lite up that track ,the moment the bike speed slows on a climb the motor will pull down, clutching only builds motor RPM not track speed .interesting comment. I spent a fair amount of time with T sled dealer on the mountain. There's not much to improve on the Yeti , already over 30 LBs under competitor and that is huge on the snow, Belt drive , all bolts are Titanium, axles shaft and drive shaft all are titanium, Carbon tunnel, exceptional powder track, auto chain tensioner, the machining is equal to aircraft engineering .Camso Fixed all the weak areas in the kit and have been exceptional ,incredible detail and all the weak areas have been updated in 2020 . Chris Barandt on his 220hp sled wont run the 3 inch track and runs 2.6 and 2.8 to achieve higher track speeds.The only area that needs improvement on the Yeti is a real 3rd shox with compression/rebound which i just designed and adds 10 inch travel, I will bet this will become an option in the years to come.

Last edited:
P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
That’s interesting. I have a 3in on my yeti I built quite a few years back. It seems significantly better than the 2.5in offerings.

I just don’t see anyone pushing things further anymore.

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
That’s interesting. I have a 3in on my yeti I built quite a few years back. It seems significantly better than the 2.5in offerings.

I just don’t see anyone pushing things further anymore.

Yeah, 3" track outperforms any 2.5 I have ever rode in any situation all day every day. That is from personal experience riding different kits side by side.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I had the 3 inch prototype track to test two years ago , It did not out perform the new Yeti 2.5 powder track in all conditions,In some conditions it did, We pulled it off, Heavy track , spools much slower , much slower at high speed, balloons far more and moves more air, Motor pulled down faster if bike speed declines on climbs, To each his own, Those who have one will claim its best thing out there, The side by side results were different, If you have far more HP it would surely be best .most important is the paddle flex to perform in powder. I,m a fan and have been running 3 inch track on my sleds since they came out however it needs HP and or CVT. BTW the prototype 3 inch track was from Yeti and they did test it.

Last edited:
C
price on velocity 3 is 7899 can plus 1200 for transfer shock / fit quit . so it 9100 $ not sure what timber offer at snowcheck but it not a super cheap track kit .

yeti have fit quit and transfer shock at 9700 . i had front coaster wheels , rear rack plus 500$ in c3 product at 9699 $ , 18 September last day off snow check .

i think they hare 2 very nice track quit but pricy . one is 11,5 and one is 12,5 narrow rail style so flotation is not exactly the same .

i did buy the yeti just for the side track opening . ere in quebec in wen riding in lower snow condition they rip out those side window off the timber .

but i am afraid off banging the belt drive off the yeti .

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
I had the 3 inch prototype track to test two years ago , It did not out perform the new Yeti 2.5 powder track in all conditions,In some conditions it did, We pulled it off, Heavy track , spools much slower , much slower at high speed, balloons far more and moves more air, Motor pulled down faster if bike speed declines on climbs, To each his own, Those who have one will claim its best thing out there, The side by side results were different, If you have far more HP it would surely be best .most important is the paddle flex to perform in powder. I,m a fan and have been running 3 inch track on my sleds since they came out however it needs HP and or CVT. BTW the prototype 3 inch track was from Yeti and they did test it.

I have a 2.5" yeti 2020 freeride... the TS 3" just slays it in climbing capability. and the yeti is no slouch. If Yeti would put a decent 3" on it would be great.

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
I’ve seen a few posts, and easy to see byeatts
is pro yeti. And maybe the new kits are better, I’ll be watching this season for sure, look slick. But I’m also watching the aro3.
Love my tractor Camso, dislike all the yeti wrenching we have to do on the hill on the older kits. Also like the ability to stop. Definitely leaning towards aro3

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
is pro yeti. And maybe the new kits are better, I’ll be watching this season for sure, look slick. But I’m also watching the aro3.
Love my tractor Camso, dislike all the yeti wrenching we have to do on the hill on the older kits. Also like the ability to stop. Definitely leaning towards aro3

18 updated and later Yeti has been very reliable for us. brakes NEVER ice. Just want the 3' track. I'm not sponsored by anybody anymore. Best kit out there would be a Snowtech with 3" track IMO. We'll see if it happens otherwise I'll run my Yeti this year, it's been solid.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I agree.. my 20 and 18 have been solid... good brakes. My favorite kit to date.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Im "Pro" for the most refined kits out there, I also was CMX for years however they are far behind the competition now ,they are all sold now after a head to head powder test, I also have built many T sleds, If there is something better i will be on them however The 30plus pound weight drop is something no one can even come close to. T sled is the winner for big drops due to the high axle location which provides more front arm travel, That same high axle harms the powder performance.

Last edited:

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Portgrinder,
2020 went to new narrow rail spacing, new track, extra tunnel bracing, new brake setup that works great, 2.5" paddles are no longer tapered so more paddle than tapered 2.5 inch "convex" tracks. So as great as they already were, they made all these changes just last year. I'm sure they are always researching new designs, but not really seeing where they can make huge design improvements. Maybe go to a true single rail design like their camso kit but a high quality, light, well suspended version.

Yes, maybe a 3" track for those that want it. Then let real world users decide with their pocketbook and/or real world testing. Snow conditions vary so much region by region and seasonally but for me, there are more days in a season where I'd rather be on a 2.5 than a 3" as the numberplate-deep days are few compared to the 1 or 2 foot deep days and spring days. But others have nothing but deep snow, only ride on epic days, or value deep snow performance on those days more than the problems with running such a kit the rest of the year so I support yeti making a 3" available for those buyers. Or, better yet, we all have two snowbikes in the garage for different snow conditions!

Last edited:
Im "Pro" for the most refined kits out there, I also was CMX for years however they are far behind the competition now ,they are all sold now after a head to head powder test, I also have built many T sleds, If there is something better i will be on them however The 30plus pound weight drop is something no one can even come close to. T sled is the winner for big drops due to the high axle location which provides more front arm travel, That same high axle harms the powder performance.

The weight difference between the Yeti 129 and Timbersled 129 is 13lbs. Substantially less than 30lbs difference.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
We had on digital scales. Where did you get that info? Yeti 129 is actually 34 lbs less than our CMX 129 . If i recall it was 22 Lbs less than T sled 129

Last edited:

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
The info being cited may already be in other threads, but for the sake of this thread it would help if those that have weighed both and are posting numbers would specify exact year, make, and model since everything from track to skid shocks to tss/shock vs solid shaft impacts weight.

Last edited:
Premium Features