• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

yamaha sno scoot 200 first ride

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
picked up a yamacat 200 and we took it out today. the boys (5 and 3) started the winter on there kitty cat then half way through i got a 120. The 120 was a huge upgrade from the kitty cat, by the end of the winter they both had governer deletes and the boys rode them well. A 200 popped up locally so i picked it up for next year, but we got just enough snow to try it out for a day. i rode the 200 around a bit before the boy took it. it drives well even with a 160 lbs on it, really goes well with the larger track and cvt clutch. i could have a lot fun around the yard with it. My 5 year old took it out and was timid at first but before long was really tearing it up. i rode next to him and he was doing 20 plus then he was hitting some snow piles about four feet high and getting air. I think for kids 5 to 8 or so its a great sled. My wife only goes 20mph on the big sleds anyways so it would be good for her too.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
I can’t believe how great the 200’s are for kids. had my 9, 7, and 4 year olds on their own last year. best winter so far.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
yeah its really a good machine im 155lbs and it still goes well with me on it bottoms out a bit but my boy had just turned five when i picked it up and was used to the 120 with the governor off of it so about 12mph and within an hour he was full throttle and getting real air on the 200. very easy for him to ride. the best thing is the real clutches and the real suspension in the back.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Good to hear you guys loving them. We have loved our 2018 over the last 5 years and just this year picked up another. They are really great kid sleds.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
we've got another 4 or 5 hours on the kids sleds so far this year. The 200's clutches were out of alignment from factory so just put some washer spacers behind the secondary and got them running true. Also the exhaust manifold gasket was gone and the nuts kept coming loose. I made a new gasket and i cut a few inches out of the long straight part of the exhaust pipe and used a peice of 1 inch flexible exhaust piping and a few clamps to hook it back together. should take some strain off of the manifold bolds, and allow the engine to vibrate without stressing the exhaust too much. overall a great sled and i wish i had another one for me to ride around the farm.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
i had the hood open and held the back of the sled off the ground then revved it up until the clutches shifted all the way out. the belt should stay in a straight line mine needed a fair amount of shims behind the secondary. i had ordered the alignment kit but i ended up just doing the way i stated and it was really close when i later checked it with the alignment bar.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
we have 80 hours on the 200 this year and it's been great. only issues ive had is with ice plugging the main jet. hasn't happened since i put the adjustable main jet in. i guess i have had to re rivet where the boards fasten up in the foothold but its been through a few sno cross weekends and many laps on the practice track at home so a lot of air time. have been amazed at how this sled helps the kids learn because its fast enough for a growing kid but small enough there inputs make a difference like leaning around corners and such.

Premium Features