• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha Engine Management

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
sounds cool,you will need bigger injectors for the guys running over 14lbs boost with big turbos something like a 750cc.3miles isnt far enough for the mountains in b.c but a very cool option.so has this system been tested in like say taking the sled from 3000ft to 7000ft & in big temp swings like we have here in b.c & still compensate for all that & run clean without the user taking out a laptop or phone to ajust maps.

B
Jul 29, 2011
AT
hi

this one is a engine management, i hope that the turbo manufacturer can count how many fuel they need for their product, all i can do is offer the injectors in a good size, or the turbo kit manufacturer add their own injector setup to the product.

that with 3 miles is only available for dealers and shops who use it every day, and you do not need more then 1 mile, it is to control the engine setup in outdoor environment.

the system is testes from +50 to #50 deg Celsius, and if you think about snowmobile engine setup. no. there is no reason for us to make tests like that, dealers out there know what setup they need for their sleds and area. it is impossible for the manufacturer to have all setup's available.

the engine management give you a chance to run a perfect setup in every condition, there are no limits.

sounds cool,you will need bigger injectors for the guys running over 14lbs boost with big turbos something like a 750cc.3miles isnt far enough for the mountains in b.c but a very cool option.so has this system been tested in like say taking the sled from 3000ft to 7000ft & in big temp swings like we have here in b.c & still compensate for all that & run clean without the user taking out a laptop or phone to ajust maps.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Curious what kind of HP and boost you are fueling on the Nytro's? Where were they tested and do you have any video?

B
Jul 29, 2011
AT
it is a engine management, that means, it works everywhere and in all conditions. like OEM ecu it works always.
depend on your turbo kit or setup it help you to run your engine save.

there are no hp limits or any elevation limits.

engine management help you to run your OEM engine with external parts like turbo or supercharger, or you simply re-tune your OEM setup to get max. power out of the engine.

Curious what kind of HP and boost you are fueling on the Nytro's? Where were they tested and do you have any video?

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I know what a standalone fuel system, or "engine management" is, just curious if it has been run in the mountains in Western Can or US? I understand what its supposed to do in theory, just asking if it has been tested and proven? Pretty valid questions IMO.

B
Jul 29, 2011
AT
Oh yes the question is very good.

Yes we have 2 Turbo and one Stock sled running with the ecu. For now there is no ECU on any sled in CA. In US one manufacturer is using it for his product. That sled and ECU you can see at HayDays.

there will be a 100% plug n play support for popular turbo kits, like yamaha/push, mcx and impulse. Few tuners already contact us, so if there is a problem you can go to a tuner shop and they do the job or they install the ECU for you.

I know what a standalone fuel system, or "engine management" is, just curious if it has been run in the mountains in Western Can or US? I understand what its supposed to do in theory, just asking if it has been tested and proven? Pretty valid questions IMO.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Are you saying the end user wont have the ability to tune or make changes? Any idea what it might cost? Any warrantee or guarantees with the product?

Sorry for all the Q's, these are all important things that will influence my snowmobile purchases in the future. We've been hyped and sold alot of junk in the last 5-10 yrs. For me now, if I cant see it for myself and swing a leg over it to try it, I'm not buying it. Also need someone that can actually ride and push the product to prove it works IMO. Good luck, hope your product works out west and isnt just another flavour of the week.

B
Jul 29, 2011
AT
we are all here to talk and answer Q's about Sleds and Products.

the end-user (rider) can do everything, can make changes, 100% access to the engine management.

if you buy the box from a dealer who sell you his turbo kit, you get a box with already 100% working map.

we are also working to have few guys who can tune the box for every turbo kit out there. so you can order a ECU for your turbo kit.

You get the software and hardware, easy to install and you can run it.

the price is not fixed yet,

Are you saying the end user wont have the ability to tune or make changes? Any idea what it might cost? Any warrantee or guarantees with the product?

Sorry for all the Q's, these are all important things that will influence my snowmobile purchases in the future. We've been hyped and sold alot of junk in the last 5-10 yrs. For me now, if I cant see it for myself and swing a leg over it to try it, I'm not buying it. Also need someone that can actually ride and push the product to prove it works IMO. Good luck, hope your product works out west and isnt just another flavour of the week.

M
Jan 14, 2004

That pretty well hits the nail on the head. My guinea pig days are behind me.

M5

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
I am very interested in seeing this 1st hand at Haydays.

Any support for the Polaris Pro RMK 800?

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
22hp is actually the limit on stock engine that we produce on testing, you can go to much more but deto line is very close.

there are few really good tuning guys out there who can get more hp out of the box, but we did not spend to much time on producing hp on stock. i think end sept. or oct. we will have a stock map with a serious hp gain.

keep me posted on the stock stuff.

B
Jul 29, 2011
AT
no problem, we are waiting after the haydays to give some ECU's to good tuners any yamaha experts, i bet then can get more serious stuff out of the engine.

that is also the way for the future, that the programmers will listen to few tuners out there to develop functions and features. we have made the base.

keep me posted on the stock stuff.

B
Jul 29, 2011
AT
Just for the info, Standalone Yamaha Nytro ECU production start next week, so the box will be available few days after Hay-Days, also we are going to release the distributor/dealer list.

The LCD should be a realy nice option then it will be able to show almost all engine informations, even the fuel and ignition table you are using and dc you have on injecotrs, knock (if you use one) ..... ( i am working on a real time hp calculation to show it on the display) but that would scary some turbo kit manufacturer :)

A

allanhanes

Oct 22, 2008
Canada
I have a few question i might have missed reading. Will you be able to turn boost up and down with out adjusting the map ie 12 at sea level and 15 in the mountains. Is the boost solenoid what is used for the ecu boost refernce or is that separate i ask as i want to keep my manual boost controller. And what boost peak level an i capable of with this kit and my 450cc injectors. I wanna put a standalone on my impulse 3071 nytro and am lookig for no adjusting after installed as i ride alot and need no hassle's.
Thanks and any other points i may need to know or for plain info would be great.
Jamie

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
Just for the info, Standalone Yamaha Nytro ECU production start next week, so the box will be available few days after Hay-Days, also we are going to release the distributor/dealer list.

The LCD should be a realy nice option then it will be able to show almost all engine informations, even the fuel and ignition table you are using and dc you have on injecotrs, knock (if you use one) ..... ( i am working on a real time hp calculation to show it on the display) but that would scary some turbo kit manufacturer :)
real time hp calculation to show it on the display.
That would be aweysome :)
I'm excited about what the price is to be on this in Norway

Premium Features