• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

>> Yamaha 2016 Viper-MTX Rollout.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
YCCT-Info.jpg

SingleShot_Compare.jpg

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
Well Yamaha... Not much to be desired again for Western Riders... And again WHY I ask do u offer MPI as your Turbo Provider.... I wouldn't put an MPI sticker on my wheel Barrel..

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
What is price with turbo kit ? I'm not seeing a turbo option for snow check?

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I think those are some great changes. New suspension design to help sidehilling. Lose some weight in the rear with the shocks. New skis which don't really look to be wider???
They put a black tunnel on the LE. Blue and red ones both look awesome I think.

And who doesn't want a 3" track!

No new engine yet but I think this shows they are building some momentum in the right direction.

I am excited about this just for the fact that I will probably be looking at something new in 1-3 years and I really think Yamaha will be a more serious player when I am getting ready to buy. After blindly buying my Nytro because I have been a Yamaha guy I can't do the same thing again when I get a new sled. I hope when I compare the others that the Yamaha has a product worth keeping me with Yamaha.

Last edited:
K
Feb 18, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
If the 141" and 153/162" sleds have the same spindles how is there only 2" of width adjustment on the 141 but 4" of adjustment on the 153/162 sleds?

I'd assume all the adjustment is coming from the spindle/ski combo.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
My question is can I fit the new arms on my 2015? I'm kind of meh on the track though. The 2.6 hooks up well enough for me.

Anyone else think the spindle looks weak? Maybe I'm used to the beef but it looks skinny.

Tomkat700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2013
Pierce, Co
My question is can I fit the new arms on my 2015? I'm kind of meh on the track though. The 2.6 hooks up well enough for me.

Anyone else think the spindle looks weak? Maybe I'm used to the beef but it looks skinny.

I also thought that when I saw them, my 15 has taken a few rock and stump shots this year with the low snow and no damage. I would like the narrow stance but I also question the integrity of those spindles.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT

I'd like to try the new '16 A-arms and spindles on my '15 also. I noticed they pointed the Evol chamber towards the nose of the sled instead of the side.

I hope they offer an update kit, like Doo did for the S36 front end of the XP chassis...

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
The geometry looks very familiar...

I'd like to try the new '16 A-arms and spindles on my '15 also. I noticed they pointed the Evol chamber towards the nose of the sled instead of the side.

I hope they offer an update kit, like Doo did for the S36 front end of the XP chassis...
The front end geometry looks remarkably similar to the Skinz concept front end I have on my M1100T. Might be even lighter due to the spindle design. Other then the AXIS, Yamaha has had the most changes this year thus far, guess we'll see once the Cats are released in March. Hope Cat keeps the 1100T in the lineup, I've no desire to buy a Viper and spend 4G Cdn to have a turbo package that won't come close to my 3 yr old 1100T with EVO power...

WakeGD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID

I was lucky enough to spend some time on a Cat with this front end in Island Park this month. I was worried about the durability but after watching the AC test rider launch off every snow covered stump, rock, or downed tree with reckless abandon with no ill affects I was convinced it worked. Sidehilled like a dream, even in terrible snow.

I plan on snowchecking a 2016, so now I just need to decide if I need a boosted Yamaha again, or if a 2 stroke Cat or Poo will be enough power...

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
The front end geometry looks remarkably similar to the Skinz concept front end I have on my M1100T. Might be even lighter due to the spindle design. Other then the AXIS, Yamaha has had the most changes this year thus far, guess we'll see once the Cats are released in March. Hope Cat keeps the 1100T in the lineup, I've no desire to buy a Viper and spend 4G Cdn to have a turbo package that won't come close to my 3 yr old 1100T with EVO power...

I'll bet the Yami front end is a bunch cheaper than the Skinz kit!

Skinz: +3" forward for better mass centralization

YamaCat: Sleeker/lighter spindle for less drag sidehilling

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana

Narrower but that is all it has in common with the skinz kit.

3 things that make the skinz kit work so well; 1. narrower 2. moved forward 3.5" and 3. raised mounting point on the actual spindle (raising the body up). This chassis benefits greatly from all three.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
hhmm good to see some positive changes,but a heated seat option wtf! because my a$$ is always so cold when mtn riding lol.i would rather see a lightweight battery option or just give us one & they could claim another 10lbs weight loss:face-icon-small-hap.
diff seat for mtn rider too would be nice too,its a great trail seat but thats were it ends.
love the white & black one & all the new graphics look nice,new spindles & a-arms look interesting,didnt notice any weight loss # but look way better.looks like they put allot more camber into those spindles,should make it sidehill allot better,i notice the tops of my spindles are always catching the snow on steep sidehills.
3 inch track is a great options too.
i still dont get the factory installed turbo issue,mabey its a contract,thing with ac or mpi,they would sell way more if they did it.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
,didnt notice any weight loss # but look way better.looks like they put allot more camber into those spindles,should make it sidehill allot better,i notice the tops of my spindles are always catching the snow on steep sidehills.

Video says 2.4lbs lighter.

Premium Features