• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Y-pipe & boyesen reeds is PCV necessary

C

champyfz450

Jan 13, 2009
Fort McMurray
I'm helping a friend get a little more out if his xm and after seeing the gains that dynotech research found with the CS y-pipe and boyesen reeds I'm thinking about guiding him in that direction as he doesn't need a ton of extra power and he wants it to be reliable. The question I have is, is the PCV absolutely necessary with these mods? I see Jim at DTR used one to add fuel for these changes but the article doesn't say just how much fuel he added. Anyone out there have experience with these mods? Thanks!!

S
Nov 13, 2009
Alberta
boyeson reeds 350 + ypipe 300 + 400 for PCV. I think you are wasting money for 3-5hp, if that. I went with reeds this year but only because mine are cracked and needed to be replaced anyway. 4500km on etec

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Until Boyesen reformulates their petal composition or rubber molds the reed cages, they will be useless on an ETEC. We sold a bunch of sets and are still replacing cracked and broken petals on our own dime because we didn't want to leave our customers hanging. I haven't seen a set make it over 1000 miles on an XM ETEC and we are done selling them.

Thats my .02 for what it's worth.

Premium Features