• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XMT vs AxysT vs Doo 850T

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Hitting the DET sensor on the Poo at 10000 feet, full race, 12.2 afrs, , 10 pounds of boost and 8400 constant RPM. Tried to put a spacer in the sensor, finally ended up unplugging altogether. Called the dealer and they didn't really know target RPMS. I'VE heard 8400, 8350, 8700, etc.... WTH? I'm thinking the 8400 constant is spiking a bit, maybe 8650 and causing the DET sensor to go off.

Also, TDR reeds do not seem to work as well on the 850 as the stock reeds. Makes bottom end much less snappy.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
If it's anything like the Etec, the stock reeds are more responsive for throttle till you have a hickup, burp, caught, rev limiter.. Than you wish you had left the tdr in.. Stock reeds can't take much abuse I seen by them selves..

I blew a belt today on a hard pull and hit the rev limiter a few times till I let go.. That alone can take them out

Hitting the DET sensor on the Poo at 10000 feet, full race, 12.2 afrs, , 10 pounds of boost and 8400 constant RPM. Tried to put a spacer in the sensor, finally ended up unplugging altogether. Called the dealer and they didn't really know target RPMS. I'VE heard 8400, 8350, 8700, etc.... WTH? I'm thinking the 8400 constant is spiking a bit, maybe 8650 and causing the DET sensor to go off.

Also, TDR reeds do not seem to work as well on the 850 as the stock reeds. Makes bottom end much less snappy.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Poo is much better on reeds than the Doo from what we have seen, but yes the XM is very hard on reeds, especially reed cages, if you don't control the Rs.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Yes your correct, not the best ride down the trail or in the woops, but holds the skis down in the steep.. I actually wish they would have a quick pin you could install to have no skid suspension.. Never seam to Need any when your in four feet of fresh

haha . . .until you hit that stump or rock hiding 6" under the surface, then you will LOVE having a skid suspension :)

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
haha . . .until you hit that stump or rock hiding 6" under the surface, then you will LOVE having a skid suspension :)
No kidding. Ive had Stock skid with stock shocks, stock skid with properly set up Exits, Baker skid with Elkas and Kmod with Foxes. All these on turbo sleds. If you want to keep the nose down hard to beat the Baker. If gets choppy or big wind drifts the Baker almost sent me over the bars more than once. Definitely a purpose built skid.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
But, I would still want the skinnier Plastics of the new 850 that helps it not wash out on the Steep side Hills.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
So yesterday we rode in the deepest snow I've ever seen in Utah! Maybe ever.... like Revy or Hyder snow. It was insane, just north of Tony's at the Beaver Creek Lodge. I was reminded how stable and fast revving the Polaris is. How much torque and twitchy the 850 is. And how the XM is just plugging along somewhere in the middle of both. The Polaris is always stable, always willing to hold a nice line. The 850 feels like it always needs to be on its edge. To the left, or to the right it acts great. If you are in the middle, well then it is transferring every bump and terrain change right to the bars. I can't wait to try the steering stabilizer on this sled. Still needs a 174 too....

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Also, of the 3, no question that the 850 trenches in the deep much more than the other 2.

Still running the stock skid or did you get that Baker installed?

Putting a KMod in my 850 this weekend. Where are you guys riding next weekend? We are headed for Alpine possibly, depending on snow the next few days..

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
But, I would still want the skinnier Plastics of the new 850 that helps it not wash out on the Steep side Hills.

While not perfect, the XM wash is mostly solvable. Skinny boards help a lot. Stock are nearly 10" wide from the tunnel up front. Going to 7.5-8" is a huge help. Skinz helium panels for the plastics.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Still running the stock skid or did you get that Baker installed?

Putting a KMod in my 850 this weekend. Where are you guys riding next weekend? We are headed for Alpine possibly, depending on snow the next few days..

Running the Baker.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
While not perfect, the XM wash is mostly solvable. Skinny boards help a lot. Stock are nearly 10" wide from the tunnel up front. Going to 7.5-8" is a huge help. Skinz helium panels for the plastics.

Different strokes 4 different folks I guess, but I actually enjoy the wider wells on both Doos vs the Poo. In fact, as I jumped between the 850 Doo and the Poo, I became keenly aware how skinny the Poo was and was wanting more room. Part of that might be the fact that I wear a fairly wide Boa style boot. My boot can actually wedge in the Poo rail and so I find myself standing less in the well and more on the edge of the rails. Also, I cut the terribly tight toe loops out and am enjoying the Poo much more.��

Last edited:
Premium Features