• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xc 600 sp 2004

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
I talked to a guy who had the kick ass air filters on and according to him, they don't work for drag racing because they use the air under the hood. That air is hot air and caused the engine to stumble, up until that hot air gets pushed out as the sled picks up speed. So your great idea has flaws. I used another method. I like to be able to look down into the air box, and also to feel as to whether the carbs are in the boots, but then I like the engine to run quieter by not having the carburetor noise coming back out the top of the air box. So I put a slideable HDPE sheet in the grooves that held the factory sheet, and then did some additional altering of the box in those grooves, so the slideable sheet can be slid all the way back, and I can stick my hand down into the air box and check the carbs for seating. Then I can slide the sheet forward and make the engine run quieter.

Premium Features