• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

x3.2 track on 2012 pro avid drop and roll

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Yes. You now have over 1" clearance with the 8 tooth and the 3" track. You'll end up with about .75" clearance.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Lots of room with the Avid drop and roll and 8 tooth drivers.
I just did one, going to try the AXYS spindles to compensate for the rear suspension drop.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
A 3/4" drop and 3/4" back on the suspension works very well. Next will be the AXYS spindles. It is very responsive to rider input.
Front suspension plate has a pilot hole already drilled for this measurement.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
The AXYS spindles are a must if you do the drop and roll. Over 70 mountain miles today on the spindle conversion. All I can do is grin. Questioning if I want an AXYS.

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
spindles

The AXYS spindles are a must if you do the drop and roll. Over 70 mountain miles today on the spindle conversion. All I can do is grin. Questioning if I want an AXYS.

What is the difference between Pro and AXYS spindles?

hontri

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
A 3/4" drop and 3/4" back on the suspension works very well. Next will be the AXYS spindles. It is very responsive to rider input.
Front suspension plate has a pilot hole already drilled for this measurement.

I see you did not do the full 1"back and down on the suspension. Did you find it worked better at 3/4" or is that the amount of extra lift the Axys spindles gave you which balanced the sled out better?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I see you did not do the full 1"back and down on the suspension. Did you find it worked better at 3/4" or is that the amount of extra lift the Axys spindles gave you which balanced the sled out better?

I wanted to move the suspension back and down the least as possible to keep the front end light. There were some complaints that 1" down and back negatively changed the handling.
I installed the suspension, without shocks, 3/4" down first. Working it through its range of motion it would hit the drive shaft. 3/4" down and back gave plenty of room throughout its range.
With the stock spindles, it was light up front and fun to drive but you had to be on your game all day. The AXYS spindles brought back the control factor. They lengthened the wheel base and droped the ski that 3/4" to fall in line with the suspension move.
With the 3" track, 8 tooth 3.0pitch drivers, 19-46 gearing it pulls hard on the bars. It's a PIA to get the chaincase blueprinted to the chassis, but I would do it again. I now ride this sled instead of my 15 and prefer it over the AXYS sleds I have ridden. The turbo may stay in the shop :juggle:

image.jpg

Last edited:

hontri

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thinking of going this route.
Axys beater:eyebrows: Very interesting
Thanks much for the info.

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
spindles

How much the added ski pressure is there with the raised
front end?

Premium Features