• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wrp running board insert on sba?

D
Oct 16, 2011
Who has the wrp board inserts on their assault? I have to do something different with these crappy boards, but I just can't talk myself into hacking the old ones off a new sled. Do they work? Or is there another insert or mod that works better, but doesn't involve full removal of old boards.

tb800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 29, 2011
Alberta
I installed them on my 2012 sba last year. They work very well and install was a couple hrs. I used a power hacksaw. Snow build up is virtualy eliminated. I wished i had done them sooner.

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
I used a hole saw and drilled 7/8 and 1 1/8" holes any where I could around all of rivits and braces. I would guess I put close to 20 holes in each side. this made it carry much les snow on the boards and I would say its good enough to avoid the $400 air fames.

Draw it out with a marker and go for it

dboe03

Lifetime Membership
Mar 31, 2014
Fargo, ND
WRP Board Inserts Work!

I installed them on my 2012 sba last year. They work very well and install was a couple hrs. I used a power hacksaw. Snow build up is virtualy eliminated. I wished i had done them sooner.

I did this to my 14' SBA this past fall. Couldn't agree more with tb800. Have a buddy come over to help and it's done within an afternoon. I got the black ones and the held up really well. No scratches after close to 1000 miles this winter.

Premium Features