• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will 4 163's fit in 7'×24' plus V?

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Will 4 163's fit in 7'×24' plus V?

Sorry to start another "Will they fit thread", but in searching through posts, there are alot of answers that are confusing. People respond sometimes referring to their 7' x 29' which is really a 25' box plus a 4' V nose. It's tough to base a decision on people's answer which could be +/- 4 or 5 feet.

So, I am looking at an Aluma trailer that is 7' X 24' PLUS a 5' V. I would like to be able to haul 4 - 163's if needed. Anyone have any info on this.

My RMK is in pieces or I would start drawing outlines on the shop floor.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Basic math. Trailer is 24' plus 5' V nose. A 163 isn't 12' long.:welcome:

If my 20 didn't have a furnace I could fit 4. Sled placement, kind of like foot placement.
If the trailer were 8.5' wide and you could load the sleds side by side, then yes, basic math. When it's 7' and you have to stagger the sleds, there are a few more variables that come in to play...

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
Side by side, (one forward one backward), fits easily in a seven foot wide. In my trailer I can even move them a bit to let the bumpers bypass on the sled behind. When putting sleds in side by side it works best to keep all sleds on one side all pointing the same direction. i e all forward on the left and all backward on the right side.

Premium Features