• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why Are Alberta Drivers Such Douche Bags?

apex jeff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
columbia falls mt
I live 30 miles south of the border in Idaho and I just have to ask what it is about Alberta drivers that makes them tailgate, speed, pass on double yellow lines and have a basic disregard for the other drivers on the road? I ride Canada quite a bit every winter (mostly BC) and I will admit, the US and BC have their share of crap drivers, but nothing on par with that of the typical Albertan. Just curious if someone can shed some light on this for me?

I think our lesser expensive fuel,costco,and bars that don't have to serve food create a high speed orgasmic frenzy!!!! Although when I go north they seem to drive properly, and I really think the whole flashing green left turn idea rocks.:canada:

R

Rally2

Dec 2, 2007
Alberta
600xc4me nailed it, lots of "life in the fast lane" folks from Alberta oil patch work hard play hard drive your souped up diesel like an ahole kind of thing..

S
Nov 28, 2007
Alberta
I live 30 miles south of the border in Idaho and I just have to ask what it is about Alberta drivers that makes them tailgate, speed, pass on double yellow lines and have a basic disregard for the other drivers on the road? I ride Canada quite a bit every winter (mostly BC) and I will admit, the US and BC have their share of crap drivers, but nothing on par with that of the typical Albertan. Just curious if someone can shed some light on this for me?

did he have a jacked up truck with his fog lights on and front licence plate that said "rigpig"??

Alberta does have the worst drivers no time to wait up here

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta

Albertans can afford to speed, and your rules of the road dont apply to us. LOL.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm the kind of guy who drives a jacked up diesel and drives probably 5 miles an hour over the speed limit, but I have my limitations to what I think is acceptable by the other drivers on the road. Last night for instance, I was driving 65 in a 60 and I had a guy come up behind me so fast and so far, that I couldn't see his headlights or tailights in my rear view mirror. So, since it was a double yellow line and he couldn't see, he decided that was a good time to pass. As he got right beside me, of coarse a logging truck came around the corner in the on coming lane and I had to damn near put my truck in the ditch to keep from having the guy cause an accident. That type of thing is more the exception than the rule un-fortunately, and I was just looking to my fellow sledders to help me understand. I know quite a few different Albertan's my self and consider them good friends and they tell me pretty much the same thing you guys are saying, "that's just the way we were raised." Just different than what I'm use to is all.

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
I have no idea how they drive in Alberta I don't drive in Alberta. When they come into the United States is when they're out-of-control. I typically drive about 5 miles an hour over the speed limit and it's not the speed that is the problem. Go back and read the original post.

Your original post seems open to interpretation. Sounds like you're encountering bad drivers when you come into Alberta.
Us douchebag Albertans can't read too good either!:face-icon-small-con

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
ha ha its funny you post this in the paper today the posted the rating for the worst winter drivers by percentage of increased accidents in the winter in canada .Alberta was 1st with a 66% increase in accidents in the winter b.c was the lowest not picking on albt just thought i would post it.:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-hap

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Are Canadian drivers insurance rates not effected by tickets? I saw two cops today with two different drivers pulled over in speed zones.

M
Feb 7, 2008
its because driving in Alberta is a painful experience. Alberta is the CA of the north.

Every dog and cat has moved to Alberta, seems like every worst driver too.

And when they leave the territory the impatience follows.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
I thought it was washington drivers myself. :face-icon-small-hap

Boy that is no lie. Washington drivers seem to think that the passing lane on the interstate in MT is just for them to drive the speed limit in. If there is a car driving in the passing lane holding up a line of cars, 9 times out of 10 it will be a WA car and they will not move over to the driving lane. You have to pass the idiots in the driving lane. What is up with the stupid drivers from WA?

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
ha ha its funny you post this in the paper today the posted the rating for the worst winter drivers by percentage of increased accidents in the winter in canada .Alberta was 1st with a 66% increase in accidents in the winter b.c was the lowest not picking on albt just thought i would post it.:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-hap

This may be true because half of alberta is actually non-albertans. This is where the money is, and half of BC and newfoundland has moved here.

Premium Features