• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why Are Alberta Drivers Such Douche Bags?

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I live 30 miles south of the border in Idaho and I just have to ask what it is about Alberta drivers that makes them tailgate, speed, pass on double yellow lines and have a basic disregard for the other drivers on the road? I ride Canada quite a bit every winter (mostly BC) and I will admit, the US and BC have their share of crap drivers, but nothing on par with that of the typical Albertan. Just curious if someone can shed some light on this for me?

Minten

Lifetime Membership
Nov 6, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
I live 30 miles south of the border in Idaho and I just have to ask what it is about Alberta drivers that makes them tailgate, speed, pass on double yellow lines and have a basic disregard for the other drivers on the road? I ride Canada quite a bit every winter (mostly BC) and I will admit, the US and BC have their share of crap drivers, but nothing on par with that of the typical Albertan. Just curious if someone can shed some light on this for me?

They want to make it to the snow first.

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
Alberta is full of people who are in to much of a hurry to get rich. (easily done in our oil industry) Work work work work, giver hammer down non stop. We don't know how to relax. lol

B
Oct 25, 2009
Nice People

I believe Albertans are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.Very kind and helpful.

This all changes when driving a motor vehicle.It then becomes a competition and all rules of the road are thrown out.Exactly what I noticed when I moved there 28 years ago.

I loved living there but for sure be careful drriving!

Best,
Brair

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Alberta drivers expect ya to pull over to the shoulder when they come up behind ya so they can scoot by even if its on a solid line etc...because thats the courtesy they extend to each other in Alberta...so they just expect ya to be courteous and get your butt out of the way

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I spent a week going through AB and BC on my Harley last summer and the only time I remember being scared was in Browning, MT USA Ever been there? I don't scare easily either. lol. EW

Feb 28, 2009
I drive though Browning every week had to spend a night in the truck there last year had wiskey with this guy that called him self big brave love that town. and it is weird because the alberta drivers in montana are generally 5 to 10 MPH under the speed limit

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC

So you drive in Alberta 3 or 4 times a year maybe and you can stereotype us? Just do the speed limit and be courteous to other drivers and you'll usually receive the same.

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
The worst is when you've got a guy who rarely drives winter conditions pulling a load going under the speed limit and hogging the center line so no one can see past him. That's when you see people doing dangerous passes.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
So you drive in Alberta 3 or 4 times a year maybe and you can stereotype us? Just do the speed limit and be courteous to other drivers and you'll usually receive the same.

I have no idea how they drive in Alberta I don't drive in Alberta. When they come into the United States is when they're out-of-control. I typically drive about 5 miles an hour over the speed limit and it's not the speed that is the problem. Go back and read the original post.

S
Dec 27, 2007
Aberdeen, SD
Alberta drivers expect ya to pull over to the shoulder when they come up behind ya so they can scoot by even if its on a solid line etc...because thats the courtesy they extend to each other in Alberta...so they just expect ya to be courteous and get your butt out of the way
I rode through Glacier Nat. Pk on my bike years back, and entered Canada from there. I rode the trans Canada hy from there to Manitoba. I was amazed when nearly every car I came up on, pulled to the side to let me by, even when there was no oncoming traffic! I have to admit that I was traveling well over the posted limit as well. Oh ya, it's okay cause I was wearing a helmet!!

SD

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut

That f'in crazy because I have been wondering the same thing down here!
Like they own the road even though they are in the wrong country!

Premium Features