• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which track??

M
Feb 26, 2018
I have a 163 2018 800 AXYS. Being from the flats of Minnesota I have a 1.75 track for around here, but I’m looking for a good mountain track. I’m about a hour from Tracks USA and have thought of the Epic 280 but I’m wondering if there might be better for me. To say I’m I novice to mountain riding is a understatement. I recently purchased 3.0 pitch drivers and already have another driveshaft to put them on. Should I plan on the Epic 280 or maybe even go with a Ski Doo track??

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have a 163 2018 800 AXYS. Being from the flats of Minnesota I have a 1.75 track for around here, but I’m looking for a good mountain track. I’m about a hour from Tracks USA and have thought of the Epic 280 but I’m wondering if there might be better for me. To say I’m I novice to mountain riding is a understatement. I recently purchased 3.0 pitch drivers and already have another driveshaft to put them on. Should I plan on the Epic 280 or maybe even go with a Ski Doo track??
check with tracks usa. very few tracks are in stock.

check out the new camso 300LX which tracks usa will cut to width for $100.

has a similar design to the skidoo track without the porting.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Country Cat has 162" x 3" Power Claw tracks for $999 in stock, free shipping in MN. Just get that and you'll be a happy sledder:

9802499960aa63e42676e9ddc9be0ade.jpg

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
The 3" pitch drivers should work but I would want extroverts anyways.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Wonder how this would do on my turbo axys
If you're asking this question, then you've likely never ridden with a buddy that has a PC on a n/a Mtn Cat 800. I have. I also have a turbo Axys. The PC, or the X3, is the perfect match for a turbo axys. The Poo track gives up early and sort of negates the purpose of the turbo.

M
Feb 26, 2018
Ok, most of my riding would be around the West Yellowstone area. I am either going to go with the Challenger X3 or the power claw. I’m thinking the Power Claw would give me better floatation. Where I work I’m either 30 miles from County Cat or 60 miles from Tracks USA. So, if cost is not a factor, which one do I get???

X
Oct 8, 2009
If you are new to mountain riding, then selecting the "right" track is an over complication. Chances are you will struggle to realize the top end performance from any of the tracks. Pick one that fits in your budget and will hold up. The cat track can take more abuse and it does well going up a hill. But, it floats more coming downhill, causing you to carry extra speed with less control. The x3 has better floatation from a start and less bite in heavier snow, but it doesn't get as sketchy on a descent after a climb. The doo track outperforms the x3 on average because the paddles are a bit stiffer and taller. The camso 280 has stiff paddles that really bite well in all conditions, but they need a lot of power to get good initial floatation; however, the 280 has the best throttle response because it is so lite. Taller paddles can heat up at the base if you go fast on the trail and cause paddles to come off. So, if you are planning to fly down trails for most of your riding go with a lower profile than a 3". If you're planning to be off trail more and stay under 60 to 70 except short sprints, then a 3" will provide better floatation in the loose snow. I don't know how you ride or what you plan to do. So, you need to think more about it than just taking recommendations from people who have success with different tracks. Good luck

C
Dec 14, 2020
My buddy installed a 280 epic to replace the 2.6 powder claw he stabbed. 16 m8000 with intercooled boondocker kit.

Less trenching, more traction.

We put his on last December. Didn't loose a single lug screwing around in Cooke City from 80mph highway runs to climbing chutes to just playing in the trees.

We installed his because it was what we could get. We both thought it was better than his old track.

Premium Features