• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wheres the snow??

B
Dec 8, 2015
Semester break is almost here and I'm trying to plan a quick trip west sometime over the next few weeks.. anyone know of anywhere with decent snow conditions? I hope I'm wrong but my research hasn't been showing anything good..

J
Mar 31, 2012
Mancos, CO
It's still pretty early in the season but Wolf Creek has been doing good. Been up there 4 times and it's gotten better every time. Supposed to be a series of 3 different storm hitting CO in the next 7-10 days. If that happens it will make it very good.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Not my pic but from my riding area yesterday
63e69e8ba0ae4075e4172b42cdc537e0.jpg

GS6

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Central Wa. Cascade concrete is what they call it.

Monday -Tuesday we had 40° temps and a few inches of rain melt 20in of snow then 20+ in of new snow as of Thursday.
So ya the snow is wet and heavy but the top 20in is not as heavy.
Looks like another couple ft coming this weekend.

GS6

wildskies.com

Lifetime Membership
Wild Skies in NW Colorado has over 115" of snowfall for the season

With more snow on the way. Base is a good five feet and powder is 4-5 feet on top of that (no Sierra Cement : )

Colorado: Snow will be falling heavily late Monday night into Tuesday. Winds initially from the SW shift to the West. On Tuesday winds shift to the West giving direct moisture over all of northern Colorado (Steamboat, Snowmass, Beaver Creek, Vail, Breck, I-70 corridor west of the Divide). Light to moderate snow will continue into XMAS eve. Winds will be strong on Tuesday so look for some possible issues? Amounts should be in the 12-18 inch range in several areas by late Wednesday.

We still have Jan 2-6 available for anyone looking for a secluded ride in/out snowmobile cabin.

Merry Christmas,
Lisa
www.wildskies.com

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
It wasn't bad in the PNW over the weekend. I was out with friends and my fiance and she described it as 2' of pow on top of 3' of pow. It was only her 6th day of riding so her perspective was from the bottom of a lot of holes. It was my 8th day so my hole count was only slightly lower but I concur, it was deep!

Premium Features