• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats new on your ride this summer?

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I used to spend many summers blowing all kinds of cash and modding my sleds. Well I have found with the new iron they truly do not need much to mod unless you just want to stay busy doing things.

I just polished a tunnel or two and am doing a little clutch work. I also noticed a strong decline in the amount of turbo kits getting installed or is it just me?? Anyway It was kind of nice not to be busy working on sleds this summer!

What are you doing to your ride this summer?

Quinlan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
I finally finished repairing the tunnel damage on my Assault; I buckled the stock rear gussets that, from what I've seen, were problematic. I massaged the tunnel back out with a body hammer/dolly, rewrapped it, and applied new (stronger) gussets.

That aside...hoping to do some general maintenance, add fuel, and ride! :madgrin:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
New rear shock package for my skid, fix a tweaked a-arm and spindle from last year, new plugs and replace the belt that has 1000 miles on it with the new spare just because.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Just picked up a used 13 pro, going to put a can on it and tunnel stiffeners for sure, turn up the oil pump a click or two and it should be ready, anything after that (turbo or BB) depends on money but will likely be waiting for next season or half way through the season

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Once the house projects are done and things slow down a little at work I need to pick up my 16 (its in now). Then I want to take the 162 X3 of my 14 pro and convert it back to the stock 155 2.4 for my wife to ride this year. Thats it! No mods for the 16 and the 14 will be bone stock again. Eric

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
Drop and roll, new motor, different arms, taller spindles, new track, different rails, changing the bulkhead and tunnel, switching out body panels and bellypan to fit new bulkhead, new narrower bars...= still have to "work" for the sled instead of on the sled.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
i have to put a can on, and the biggest mod will be deciding on which form of cooking device i want.

a hotdogger, a muff pot or something else...

Maybe with a new (smaller) can there will be room to attach something to the can? I hear at the Y pipe is good too, but seems like that would cook the shizzz out of anything in there. . .especially on deep pow days =)

rmk8000

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2013
saskatchewan canada
Replaced my bumper and front plastics ( hit a tree on my last ride oops) replaced my bent handlebars with some nice ones from cfr.

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
CF hood, new plastics up front, spring loaded bumper, BD turbo, ITEK rear bumper/big wheel kit, EZ Ryde skid, and more. It was an expensive summer!

J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
Van amburg full length bumper, 36" zbroz front end and a new silber kit. Track speed should be through the roof when I'm upside down!!!

Last edited:

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
getting ready to throw the Holz Alpha X under the 2010 RMK 800 and put the stock skid on the shelf for a year. Can't wait to see how it's going to work. Also putting some new wheels on the ol' dumpy Triton XT open 2 place sled trailer...should look cool and make the sled go faster and run better while in the back country along with better gas mileage while towing.

Probably dial in some more pre-load on the front left shock to help prevent the wicked diving/tipping to the left. Finally got it set up and running like a well tuned beast now just trying to get the handling under control.

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_1940.JPG IMG_2107.JPG

Last edited:

Jblaze74

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2011
Reno/North Tahoe
Once i get time i'm gonna try the c3 post forward kit, and tunnel stiffeners for the snowboard rack. Heard mixed things about the post forward kit on an XM. But being a taller guy i think i'd benifit more than most.

R
Dec 27, 2011
Less the 8 days away the "Official Start of Winter” the 49th annual Haydays. Be sure to stop into the Straightline Performance booth and see the new products for your Skidoo, Polaris, Yamaha or Arctic cat. Upgrade to the Etec 860 kit with or with out the Carbon Fiber can and meet the team members. Booth Numbers BE5, BE6, BE7. Right on the main isle next to Skidoo.

http://www.straightlineperformance.com

Straightline Performance Haydays.jpg Skidoo Pipe and Can.jpg 800-e-tec-complete-spi-860-with-spi-exhaust-a-1411053336.jpg Ski-doo Stainless Carbon Muffler-2.jpg AXYS Muffler Ceramic.jpg Pro RMK Carbon Fiber.jpg Pro RMK full Exhaust.jpg

Premium Features