• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whats it worth??

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
its a 2013 rmk 800 155 2300 on chassy,only 800 on new motor from polaris , it has fox floats all around ,2 1/2 camo track, timber sled arms and rails and a silber turbo, very good shape, What do you think its worth?? Red in color?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
$4000. It's got 2000+ miles it's about ready for a rebuild. Clutches, bearings, etc. guaranteed the turbo farts and sputters and there has been issues. There are lower miles similar sleds for around that price if u look hard enuff.

T
Aug 13, 2012
4000?? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Anticipating parts that are going to break down in the future and then subtracting the price of repair from the selling price just doesn't make sense. In that case, why not factor in a new tunnel, new bulkhead, new block and new track, because they will all break down eventually. So if you factor in all those, then why not just pay someone to take it off your hands..... :crazy:

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
You should go buy it then.
A rebuild primary kit is 250, new belt is 250, new secondary is 350, trackshaft bearings are a better part of your day for labor. Sliders are $100 bux. Skis need new runners. Needs new fuel filters, injectors need to be removed and cleaned, the list goes on and on and I haven't even seen the sled yet. On a fire sale today rt now it's $4,000. If u wait for a buyer maybe 5. As the season goes on, the price is gonna drop. To each his own.
0 mile ones are $8,000. Why would u pay $8,000 for a miled out pile of problems?the guy asked what it's worth. That's my opinion.

Last edited:

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
A rebuild primary kit is 250, new belt is 250, new secondary is 350, trackshaft bearings are a better part of your day for labor. Sliders are $100 bux. Skis need new runners. Needs new fuel filters, injectors need to be removed and cleaned, the list goes on and on and I haven't even seen the sled yet. On a fire sale today rt now it's $4,000. If u wait for a buyer maybe 5. As the season goes on, the price is gonna drop. To each his own.
0 mile ones are $8,000. Why would u pay $8,000 for a miled out pile of problems?the guy asked what it's worth. That's my opinion.

the dealer you take your sled to must love you

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
0 mile turbo sled for $8000? Sign me up! :)

I would seriously consider taking the turbo off and selling the sled "stock" and selling the turbo kit separately. From what I am seeing (granted, not seeing a good sampling as i am not in the market for a turbo) the PRO turbo kits sell for pretty decent coin still, (unlike the ones for Dragons and Edges), and the sled without turbo but with the other extras may net you $6K on a good snowy early winter day (extras are good but miles / turbo history will ding you a bit). If you were in my back yard and I could look the sled over good I might offer you $5K knowing the sled history.

"What is it worth" threads will end up getting moved out of swapmeet when the mods find them... just an FYI. If you are actually offering it for a price the post it and change the subject of the first post (Advanced edit) and it might get left here...

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I meant 8k for a new pro, no turbo. I give used turbos a value of zero. If the turbo was so great, it wouldn't be for sale. Well, 99% of the time.

Premium Features