• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats Everybody Using For Gloves?

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I have 2 pair of Klim powerxross gloves, one for morning and I switch after lunch. I also carry a pair of leather work gloves I wear when we stop for lunch. This keeps from poking a hole or burning your riding gloves if you build a fire. Then I have my “go home” gloves. Klim Klimate one size too big.

J
Mar 8, 2019
I have pair of glove that I wear while riding in and out on the trail just a generic ski glove. For off trail riding I use motocross gloves usually have a couple pairs with me.

T
May 16, 2019
For me it’s all about how the gloves feel on my hands. At the snow show last week I was looking at Tobe and 509 and I just didn’t like the feel. Obviously everyone will have their own preference, but I ended up buying the Klim Powerxross, really nice! I have also been wearing the Klimate gloves for couple yrs, really like those also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E
Jan 17, 2018
If your hands get cold and you really need the heated grips every Klim pair I have tried are terrible. They are good for off trailing but when you need warm hands I don't recommend.
My Tobe let the heat right in and I love them

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
material and function is biggest thing to consider.

A shell exterior glove uninsulated with some type of real leather palms. Goat deer pig cow hide with a manufacturer who knows how to cure leather. Back side synthetic so it breaths eVent for Motorfist. Goretex for others ... Goretex clogs and absorbs diesel so expect to wash more if using around diesel fuel exhaust.

Get synthetic interior different weighted gloves. Like Klim 1.0 2.0 interior weighted gloves to change out differnt conditions.

Another material Im looking at is Alpaca BUT its a hair and nor fur so hard to increase % content in any material. I did find a Merina wool / Alpaca blend sock for $6 a pair in bulk BUT yet to find any decent Alpaca gloves. So sticking with synthetic lines specifically microfleece.

Also I noticed these MADE in CHINA gloves are getting smaller on my hand. This year Ive bought KLIM Motorfist 509 Hestra and Black Diamond. Hestra is made in Europe ... Im mostly of European decent and they fit well ... like a glove.

And yes being by the ocean with a 1/2 dozen wetsuits under my belt I use non latex gloves on warmer days as a liner.

Premium Features