• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What to do? Pondering a trip

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
So I have a long weekend off coming up (not something that happens often) and it lines up with my husband's days off. He gets off work the morning of February 26th and I can take the 26th-29th off.

All of the normal people in our group are otherwise occupied that weekend. Which sucks, hard to find people that like to ride the same way. Also we would love to go somewhere new.... was thinking of using Thursday and Sunday as driving days if necessary.

Suggestions? Normally ride the Bighorns (because it's close) and Togwotee, use to ride Cooke a bunch and have been to the Snowies. Was thinking about Rabbit Ears or Sierra Madras, maybe something in MT even?

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
We are riding W Yellowstone (two couples from NW Montana) Feb 26-1st. All on Pros, we like tree riding and won't be looking for the biggest climbs around. The long term looks good for later in the month for W Yellowstone. Riding for all abilities and should be able to find good untracked snow even if it has been a few days since the last snow.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
We are riding in that same time frame.
No Co, So WY...or wherever the best pow is.
Will be watching this thread to see condition reports as the time draws near.

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
Thanks for the invite solarguy, sounds like we have a similar riding style. Will talk to the husband and kind of watch the snow.

Mafesto, hopefully it snows! Can't get much worse around here, feels like spring, ugh.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
all things being equal and if your looking to try a new area, rabbit ears is what I would be thinking.

I have never been to the sierras though so I can't speak for that area.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Steph, if you two do come this way, give me a shout. I can get you going in the right direction.

wildskies.com

Lifetime Membership
Snow in NW CO/Rabbit Ears Pass

We certainly don't have what we normally do, but it snowed last night and yesterday and the week before we had about two feet of snow. Needed it all to help with the base especially with warm days.

I don't have any availability the end of the month at our location near Rabbit Ears, but I can vouch for good riding conditions.

If you ever plan another trip and are looking for good untracked snow in NW CO please look us up. We have President's Day weekend still available and some good dates in March.

Enjoy!
Lisa
Wild Skies Cabin Rentals
www.wildskies.com

Premium Features