• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is up with the Fairview shoot out?

Nitron135

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2009
I have not heard anyone mention if they are going or if it will even happen this year. So it makes me wonder if it is still going to happen and if so who is going and who thinks they are going to be the fastest.

Skidoox

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2001
Provo, UT
This from the Sanpete county web site.

Snowmobile Shootout

Starts in 6 days: Friday, March 28, 2014
Ends: Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sled enthusiasts from around the nation come to Fairview Canyon this weekend to hill climb, drag race, and show off their high performance equipment. Turbo and nitrous sleds are the Norm. This is not an organized event! No registration required- just come and have fun!
Sanpete Snowmobile Information
Phone: 801-393-1010

bruce@psipowerinc.com

Nitron135

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2009
I found that link earlier. It is the exact same statement on that site from years past with just the date changed. I just have not heard of anyone that was going so I have to wonder if it will even happen this year.

Skidoox

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2001
Provo, UT
I am planning on going Saturday and will have my BBQ with me.
So far it looks like it will be sunny day and not a whiteout.
P3310009.JPG

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Do any of the dealers know if they will have the 15 model sleds up there to try out and ride around? It would be fun to see some of them on the snow before snocheck ends.

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
Who can meet me in the lot around 8:30 on Sat and guide me back into the race hill?

B

BearClaw

Dec 12, 2010
Riverton, Ut
Fairview Shootout

Sled Gimp

Which parking lot are you referring to? There is a lot near the fork where you go over to Scofield and another across the highway from the "big drift" where the main hill climb usually takes place. I'm going up on the Skyline on Sat and usually park at the lot near the Scofield turn off. It's about a 4-5 mile ride to the big drift from there. I rode with you a couple of years ago at the Avalanche Training course.

Bear Claw

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
Sled Gimp

Which parking lot are you referring to? There is a lot near the fork where you go over to Scofield and another across the highway from the "big drift" where the main hill climb usually takes place. I'm going up on the Skyline on Sat and usually park at the lot near the Scofield turn off. It's about a 4-5 mile ride to the big drift from there. I rode with you a couple of years ago at the Avalanche Training course.

Bear Claw

If you are willing to meet me I can park anywhere. When I have been there before I parked at the top of the pass out of Fairview.

B

BearClaw

Dec 12, 2010
Riverton, Ut
I can meet you at the parking lot at the fork of highways 31 and 264. It's the lot after you get out of Fairview canyon. I'll send you an email with my contact info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
If someone could get freak to bring back the yamadogthingamagig and race the money bags turbo guys I would have to say its still not even close. People dont build anymore because they dont have too as much, Technology is getting better and better.

No excuses this year guys, its gonna be warm and its not conference weekend or Easters.

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Few of us will be coming down, always fun to hangout and bs... Didn't really see any fish cops there last yr, I there were a couple out on the hill... But none in the parking lot... Maybe I just had to Many and didn't care.. Haha!

Premium Features