• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WFO/Phatty. AF Wed.?

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Are we going to change (8-27-08)? Sounds like conflict with Phatty. I had a Tax audit and traffic school, all in the same day last week (Wed. only Phatty). Talk about blowing a whole day to he11. WFO, still game for a ride? I hooked my wife up with a TTR 230 tonight, needless to say she's a little scetchy about her first time on single track with a new bike and new people. I think she will rip without a doubt. So don't be too afraid to let us tag along if somebody still wants to guide us. If not, no sweat, I think we'll still go. Let me know. I would love to start a regular AF ride series. Times running out.
Ellysfirstschooldayandfire071.jpg

Last edited:
K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Be carefull letting either one of those 2 guide ya...you'll have a helluva good time whatever happens:face-icon-small-win

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Are we going to change (8-27-08)? Sounds like conflict with Phatty. I had a Tax audit and traffic school, all in the same day last week (Wed. only Phatty). Talk about blowing a whole day to he11. WFO, still game for a ride? I hooked my wife up with a TTR 230 tonight, needless to say she's a little scetchy about her first time on single track with a new bike and new people. I think she will rip without a doubt. So don't be too afraid to let us tag along if somebody still wants to guide us. If not, no sweat, I think we'll still go. Let me know. I would love to start a regular AF ride series. Times running out.
Ellysfirstschooldayandfire071.jpg

I dont think its going to happen for me this week. Traffic school wed and I have a few homes to look at and lenders to talk to on Thursday. Next week is looking good so far for either wed or thurs.

However, Rumor is that we might be heading up to Elizabeth ridge saturday through monday which i believe is close to your cabin! Jared is gonna call you sometime today from wyoming to let you know if he will be back in time to ride tomorrow night.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Let's ride

That'll be sweet if you guys make it to my neck of the woods. We found a trail last week that went to the Wyoming border. I think I want to cross the fence line and see where we end up. I'm kicking myself in the azz for not having my SPOT with me. The only trip this year I didn't take it. I think it may end up at Meeks Res. Just talked to Jared and sounds like Wed. might be a go. I have to cut wood one day this weekend. That will work out good for me. Or work me out good. Sore azz one day, sore arms and back the next.:eek:
Ron

Say BYE..... to the little 125(last ride)
Augrideand1stschoolday024-1.jpg

I hear the beers better on the other side of the fence
Augrideand1stschoolday030.jpg

Last edited:
R
Feb 24, 2008
lyman,wyo
That'll be sweet if you guys make it to my neck of the woods. We found a trail last week that went to the Wyoming border. I think I want to cross the fence line and see where we end up. I'm kicking myself in the azz for not having my SPOT with me. The only trip this year I didn't take it. I think it may end up at Meeks Res. Just talked to Jared and sounds like Wed. might be a go. I have to cut wood one day this weekend. That will work out good for me. Or work me out good. Sore azz one day, sore arms and back the next.:eek:
Ron

Say BYE..... to the little 125(last ride)
Augrideand1stschoolday024-1.jpg

I hear the beers better on the other side of the fence
Augrideand1stschoolday030.jpg

the trail your on there does go to meeks cabin resivior, but a mile from the border you run into private land with no tresspassing signs. rode it earlier this year.

R
Feb 24, 2008
lyman,wyo
it just had a sign on a post when i went there. i think it is managed by grizzly peak outfitters. rode a little ways into it then turned around and came back out. on the map it just shows private there, but to the east is some blm land. i havn't rode down by meek cabin to check out that portion though.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Sorry you guys couldn't make it.

Was a great ride tonight. AF rocks. Can't wait for some tour guides to get us out further (Phatty/WFO). As I expected my wife (GP) ripped, first time on single track and a new bigger bike.:D;):) Thought I was going to have a mt. biker for a hood ornament for sure.:eek: Jacked up my knee WOT in 4th and used my leg for kickstand as I deviated from the trail. Nothing that Ibuprofen, beer and ice won't fix. Oh yeah, forgot about the bee with a death wish that flew in my jersey and stung the sh!t out my arm.

Hey Phatty: you a better more educated driver now?

Last edited:

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Was a great ride tonight. AF rocks. Can't wait for some tour guides to get us out further (Phatty/WFO). As I expected my wife (GP) ripped, first time on single track and a new bigger bike.:D;):) Thought I was going to have a mt. biker for a hood ornament for sure.:eek: Jacked up my knee WOT in 4th and used my leg for kickstand as I deviated from the trail. Nothing that Ibuprofen, beer and ice won't fix. Oh yeah, forgot about the bee with a death wish that flew in my jersey and stung the sh!t out my arm.

Hey Phatty: you a better more educated driver now?

yes and more importantly i dont have another ticket that insurance company can find :)

glad you guys had fun! sure wish i could have made it, did you run into any KTMs up there? Had some buddies that went up around 5ish. Where did you park and what trails did you go on?

PS i warned you those Mtn Bikers dont get off the trail! lol those bastages!!! you would think that since they can hear you coming they would just move, but no... I think i might just start running them over, enough is enough...

Whats our schedule looking like for next week? Thursday?

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
We left from Summit Trailhead. I knew it well enough to keep it safe for her. We stayed around the 252/157 area. We saw 2 KTM's and 1 Yami riding together. That them? For the most part the Mt. Bikers were pretty cool. I actually tried to pull off for most if I could. One guy always insisted that I go past cuz he needed to rest. Only one guy riding alone seemed to be a dick. Had good timing passing 4 horses. They were able to ride off the trail a ways to let us by. Pretty open for next week. Just need notice for a sitter.

G

girlpowder

Advice

So to those who know AF like the back of your hand, what other trail can I ride safely? We parked at the summit and did the 252/157 loop three times. What can we add to it? I know we can incorporate the 150 Timpooneke into the same ride. Anyone have any other suggestions????

How does the rest of 157 get heading toward Mill Canyon Peak???

Last edited:

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
157 is cake with the exception of a couple spots that get a little loose and rocky, but nothing out of the AF norm. Its a fairly easy ride all the way to
Rock Spring. I have taken my wife on that trail a few times and she doesn't ride that often, but she did it. Once you get north of rock spring it gets a little tricky with an intense side hill across a scree slope above forest lake.

Also 41 down to the Tibbel fork Dam is a pretty good ride mostly down hill but fairly calm. Climbing back up is even more fun with a slight bit more technicality

You can do it!:)

Last edited:
G

girlpowder

How is 041 from the dam? I don't care if I fall off my bike. I just don't want to lose the bike down something too steep to get er out. I like a challenge but I don't want to get myself into something that I can't get out of without ruining the ride.:confused:
Thanks!!!

I look like a big dork!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AFsingletrackAug2008001.jpg

Last edited:

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
You will be all good on 41. You may take a couple spills but there's nothing you will loose the bike on.

Props to You and Sleadhead for taking the time to ride togther.:cool:

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Roll call for today...

im damn fed up with life and need a break... buying a house sucks balls and i need to get away from it for an afternoon.

Hopefully be leaving slc by 330...

Premium Features