• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weighed the 2017 line up

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
One thing to note on those LE Axys...they do come equipped with the ultimate bumpers, remote resy shocks, GPS gauge, tunnel + underseat + handlebar bags. Not night and day weight wise...but there's 5-10lbs worth of stuff added there that's likely not on the others (?). Just for reference

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
So are these dry weights or wet weights? If they are half full then this comparison is a bigger joke than the weights cat did on the snow a few years ago.

Ya . .. that was a cluster!!

Made for some good entertainment here on the forum, and let some "crow" for a while, but in the end, how far did that propaganda video get them?? . . . exactly nowhere. . .nobody believed 'em lol

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
FWIW, a 2 stroke turbo only adds about 20lbs. My back hurts just looking at that Yammi weight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

are you saying the 2 stroke turbos are lighter:face-icon-small-sho lol

turbo kits are a wash in weight 2 stroke or 4 if they are a high or low boost kit.:face-icon-small-dis
booth use same turbos just a diff wheel,turbo alone weigh 15-18lbs:face-icon-small-sho.

R
Feb 29, 2016
are you saying the 2 stroke turbos are lighter:face-icon-small-sho lol

turbo kits are a wash in weight 2 stroke or 4 if they are a high or low boost kit.:face-icon-small-dis
booth use same turbos just a diff wheel,turbo alone weigh 15-18lbs:face-icon-small-sho.

Maybe the kits weigh the same but when the sled you start with is 100 lbs lighter, YES, the 2 stroke turbo sleds are much lighter than 4 stroke turbo sleds...

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I can't believe they let you weigh the sleds at the show. Good job. Had to go back and look up the 2016 174 doo I weighed. It was 551lbs RTR with tools and extra belt. The 2017 coming in at 536lbs RTR ain't too bad. Not the 25lb loss doo claims, but pretty good.

Last edited:
Premium Features