• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wary Avi Vest Refill tools and directions?

mx100

Lifetime Membership
Jun 16, 2010
Livingston, MT.
I have a couple older Wary Avi Vests that I would like to refilled. I know they are out of business and no longer build them. I am guessing there are still a ton of them out there being used, and hoping to get a little information on how to rebuild them? I bought a rebuild kit but it only came with 10 super tiny O-rings, a t pin, and 10 red circle stickers and some grease. I wasn't able to get the puncture disc or the resetting tool. I found a user manual, but it doesn't give any info on how to rebuild the cylinder. Any help I can get is greatly appreciated.

J
Jul 6, 2008
I took my canister and the kit to a scuba shop and they took care of it. Not sure that helps, but I did g have any issues

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
I took my canister and the kit to a scuba shop and they took care of it. Not sure that helps, but I did g have any issues

Same here, refilled both of mine last year at a local dive shop.

To the OP, what do you have in mind when you say “rebuild the cylinder”?

mx100

Lifetime Membership
Jun 16, 2010
Livingston, MT.
"Rebuild the cylinder" I meant to be asking what it takes to get it refilled, O rings etc. After some searching and many phone calls, I found out that the vests that I have are some of the first original ones they sold. Mine have the little aluminum disc that gets punctured when pulling the trigger. The disc needs replaced after every inflation of the bag. They updated their trigger to a different system, but I have the old system. I found out that I can reset the trigger without the tool, but nobody seams to have the aluminum discs. I am going to try building a couple of the discs out of a pop can or something similar. They are roughly the size of a dime and get sealed with an o ring when installed. I plan on using these for our local High School survival science class. They like to pop a couple air bags in class and these will work good for that as long as I can manufacture a disc.

Premium Features