• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Want to get sponsored?

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
Great read for anyone looking at getting sponsored. I know when I was racing motocross when I was younger, it took a lot more than just going into a shop and throwing your name on the table. Just as these guys said, it takes hard work, commitment and a bunch of your own money and time. I raced motocross at a pretty high level and have never received anything for free. Discounts, yes. Free, no. I still paid my way. You have to be willing to do that.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I didnt click on the link, but I spent a bunch of time playing the sponsor game for 15 years. That included drag racing snowmobiles and circle dirt track racing. The sled part was pretty tough going due to the fact that you dont have several thousand people watching you every week for 25 weeks out of the year. It was VERY hard to get cash, the better route was a parts allowance and parts at dealer cost.
The stock car racing was much easier and almost all of them were cash deals.

Bottom line is you need to be professional, have a nice portfolio and be able to sell yourself and explain how they will get a return on their advertising dollars. Things like attendance numbers, number of events you plan on attending, and how far away people come from to go to these events are all good info to present.

Now get ready to get rejected about 90% of the time :) Eric

Premium Features