• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WA Elections

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
I 1433 Raise wages, paid sick leave etc. NO. Will kill business in Eastern Washington as it will be a challenge to compete with ID businesses. This will TAKE money (estimated) $363 million from the WA State budget... the politicians can barely balance the budget now! A comment, when did entry jobs become a career?? My first job paid $1.64 an hour and I knew at that time at the ripe old age of 16 this is not what I wanted to do for the next 50 years.

I 1464 The taxpayers pay for all campaigns.. yeah it costs $285 million of taxpayer's money!!... I rather spend the money on snowmobile access or... how about SCHOOLS!!! Or decreasing the cost of COLLEGE!! It still allows out of state organizations to spend whatever. Notice in the voter's pamphlet the argument against this initiative is written by Democrats and Republicans. I vote no.

I1491 court orders to temporarily remove firearms from the mentally ill and violent folks. Sure it won't fix all of the crazies with guns... but seems to be a step in the right direction. Working in mental health in the past... this initiative seems to make sense. Yeah I am a gun owner and have a CCP, and belong to the NRA... I vote yes.

I1501 civil consumer protection. Seems like a good deal until you read the details... this one is really bad and is a big union attempt to keep its members in the dark as well decreasing transparency of their funding. I voted No:bowl:

I 732 Increase tax on fossil fuels reduce other taxes (i.e. sales tax but local government can raise it back up). Oh sure they will lower taxes and then later raise it back up (remember our big fight to get rid of the hundreds of dollars we spent every year to license your car?) Yeah it is not at the level it was before but the government is adding a lot of fees and charges to get a license and you folks in the Seattle area are just getting screwed!!... The folks for this say it will reduce, "droughts, fires, and floods" ... umm sure and I have a bridge for sale in New York. Hey I am all in favor of clean energy but we are not there yet. With wind there is no way (currently) to store unused power... in Central Washington there is a solar plant that stores electricity but the construction of the batteries (and later disposal) is far dirtier than fossil fuels. Come up with clean ways to store wind and solar (hydro already does) then I am in! I voted no.

I 735 This is a BS, PC initiative sending a recommendation to the federal government that free speech only applies to individuals. Personally I want more free speech so I voted No.

Advisory Vote 14... costs people money, I say no

Advisory vote 15???????????

Senate Joint 8210, yeah okay put a time line on redistricting.

US Senate: Seems Washington State needs a balance in the US Senate, yeah the lemmings in Seattle will probably out vote the rest of the state and return Patty to the US Senate, but listening to the debate the other night Chris Vance makes a lot of sense. So I checked Vance

US Representative. If you live in downtown Seattle you get to pick between two Democrats; but for the rest of the state, VOTE GOP for the US House! The last thing you want to see is a return of Speaker Nancy Pelosi:face-icon-small-sad as she will rubber stamp anything Bill's wife proposes.. We need to keep an adult in Washington DC no matter who is elected as President. I rather have Paul Ryan as Speaker over ultra liberal Pelosi.

Governor... Inslee is a dork, does not like our snowmobiles or people in public lands plus he would like an income tax. I voted for Bill Bryant

Commissioner of Public Lands... ??

State representatives and senators I would vote GOP to balance the probable re-election of Democrat Inslee... Inslee likes to tax and spend, limit motor vehicle use

Supreme Court... ANY of the judges that are the incumbent I am voting against... because of the McLeary decision, way over stepped the role of the court... heck before you know it they will also run the state' budget and levy a tax. Yes the state needs to partially pay for K-12 education but the legislature and governor need to sort out how much of the pie goes to education not the Supreme Court (it is called balance of power between the three branches). Years ago some of these dorks wiped out grandparent's rights to visitation to grandchildren... yeah love that one!

Discussion wanted.. and hopefully the monitors will leave this in the Washington forum so WA snowmobilers will see it and we can discuss. Cheers!:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
We are the "extreme conservatives" or "deplorables" or "constitutional extremists" that will soon be declared mentally ill and need to be stripped of our rights to protect the "caring liberals"

T
Nov 26, 2007
Monroe/Cle Elum, WA
Last edited:

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
Montana is looking better and better every day I tell you.

I've always heard "Montana is what Washington used to be" and I believe there is a lot of truth to that.

I grew up here until I joined the service and went all over the world for 20 years.

Came back after retirement and it's NOTHING like it used to be here sadly. :face-icon-small-sad

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Commissioner of state lands is a no brainier.
If you enjoy off-road activities on your motorcycle, UTV, ATV or snowmobile I urge you to vote for Steve McLaughlin as public lands commissioner!
His opponent has expressed desire to shut out motorsports on all-state lands.

The story in the SeattlePI gives you an idea of what we're up against.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/politics/article/Rich-enviros-make-big-independent-expenditure-9962779.php

THANKS!!! Will go with Steve:face-icon-small-coo

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Montana is looking better and better every day I tell you.

I've always heard "Montana is what Washington used to be" and I believe there is a lot of truth to that.

I grew up here until I joined the service and went all over the world for 20 years.

Came back after retirement and it's NOTHING like it used to be here sadly. :face-icon-small-sad

sadly, montana is surprisingly over run with granola munchers and anti motorized folks, you wont escape it there. enjoy snowmobiling now, hillary wont be kind to us. hoping trump can pull off a miracle though

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
My concern with I1491 is who makes the call on who is crazy? If it goes like the imminent domain rule then can you imagine some one coming to your door and saying hey your crazy and we want your guns. My favorite gun, Parker Hale 300 win mag....................

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
yep, thats a scary one. one step closer to government trying to get rid of the 2nd amendment. a lot of people will vote for it i bet, falling for the deceiving way its written.

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
yep, thats a scary one. one step closer to government trying to get rid of the 2nd amendment. a lot of people will vote for it i bet, falling for the deceiving way its written.

what tips it for me is all of the family members of these past mentally ill killers, knew they were dangerous, knew they were going to go off... and there was nothing they could do because of the crappy mental health commitment regulations...

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Lack communication

what tips it for me is all of the family members of these past mentally ill killers, knew they were dangerous, knew they were going to go off... and there was nothing they could do because of the crappy mental health commitment regulations...

Ya, and the fact that when a family member has notified law enforcement because of some previous minor incident, and no one has an answer to what should or could be done. As with everything else in this country, (change) has to come in cooperation
with law enforcement and some sort of mental health advise.

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Re-reading the crazies we have in the WA Supreme Court... these folks have to go but the State of Seattle will probably out vote the rest of the state....

Re the comment on snowmobiling. As we know it today it will end... one day we will be trail riders with select and limited play areas... with most areas off limits.

Premium Features